Twitist Forums
I got a message from facebook saying they're gonna close my account down? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: I got a message from facebook saying they're gonna close my account down? (/thread-92611.html)

I got a message from facebook saying they're gonna close my account down? - Chey - 12-30-2013 03:05 AM

Earlier this evening I got a message pop up from someone with the name safferon or something like that saying that this was a warning message and my account was going to be shut down in 12 hours unless i clicked on a link given, i didnt click on the link I just closed the conversation also when I did this I went to clear out my inbox incase I was going to get hacked because I wouldn't want anyone seeing my messages of course and the persons name had change to nofice blocking and the display picture was a padlock next to the Facebook symbol, could anyone tell me what this is?

- martin-MP - 12-30-2013 03:17 AM

It's a spam / scam thing. They aren't going to shut you down.

- FlipRail - 12-30-2013 03:18 AM

Its fake.

They can't do that.

Even with padlock. Its fake

- Nic - 12-30-2013 03:34 AM

click it, and your account would be one of them.

- Fred - 12-30-2013 03:46 AM

A scam to try to get you to give out all your details at the site the links points to.

- Sarah Nuscher - 12-30-2013 03:57 AM

The link is a phish. If you go to that link, you run the risk of getting a virus infected onto your computer. "Safferon" was trying to pressure you to go to that link so you will become infected with a virus.

Your facebook account is fine, Safferon is a scammer who is trying to give you a virus.