Twitist Forums
Do you agree government should NOT be offering social services at tax payer expense? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Do you agree government should NOT be offering social services at tax payer expense? (/thread-9288.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Bad Αss - 10-14-2012 02:08 AM

Government ruined health care with HMOs? Whaaaaat? HMOs are options. Do you even know what an HMO is? Hope you come down with something that rings up $200,000 in medical bills and CIGNA cuts you off retroactively.

If you'd use your brain sometime, you'd see that if the government provided universal health care and bid the administration out to the insurance companies, for a profit, that health care for everyone would be much better. Plus, employer provided medical insurance is one of the major reasons why the U. S. can't compete globally any more. Every major corporation and municipality who self insures does that and their costs per person are lower than average.

For THAT there is no argument. YOU have just been proven wrong, by logic.

And people wonder why I'm so angry all the time.

Also, I like the logic of your question. How is the government going to provide social services if not at tax payer expense?

- mojo - 10-14-2012 02:08 AM

Yea I agree....and they should take food stamps at McDonalds too.

- Boss H - 10-14-2012 02:08 AM

sure! I would rather poor people kick in my door, drag me out into the street, drop a gasoline soaked tire over my head, set me on fire and split my property up between themselves before I am done screaming as flaming melting tire covers my corpse, like happens in many countries with no social service and a government that is owned by the rich like right-wingers love.

Right-wing support for free market is like their support for freedom of religion. They want freedom for what they say is OK.

- Pacifest - 10-14-2012 02:08 AM

Oh-ho, looks like there IS an argument, doesn't it?

So, after reading your Additional Details, let me ask you about your opinion on healthcare?
No competition...prices skyrocket...
Do you support, or would you have supported, a bill for a public option, maybe even a single payer, as a means of competition against the private sector, when it comes to something as vital to all of us as health insurance?

In regards to the rest of your question...you are selfish. It's just that simple. Let's just hope you don't get sacked with some personal experience like disabilities/disorders/injuries that diminish your ability to work for an income, serving in combat in the name of our country and suffering a terrible injury which would also diminish your ability to work, your hours being cut at work or your pay being docked...which might cause you to become in need of food stamps, or maybe even just being laid off from your job...or signing up for Medicare when you hit 65...

Much less any of that happening to your family members or friends.

Allow me to interject here that I ENJOY paying taxes to fund these programs, especially when not only would they be available to me, but also to YOU, should you ever need them.

- spot the cat - 10-14-2012 02:08 AM

you are wrong on so many levels
i hope you are ignorant of the facts
and not just some hateful pathetic person
with no life whatsoever