Twitist Forums
Should I be concerned at all? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter DirectMessage DM (/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Should I be concerned at all? (/thread-956.html)

Pages: 1 2

Should I be concerned at all? - penguinash2010 - 09-30-2012 06:03 PM

My boyfriend of 2 years has an ex that he says is "crazy". They literally broke up once a month when they were in High School. Now he is 25 years old and just graduated with his Master's Degree. We have plans of engagement and I have a promise ring. We are just waiting for me to start my student teaching and internship so we can be engaged that entire year so we can get married when I graduate. This morning after picking me up from class he told me that he checked his Twitter account and saw that his ex Lacy was following him and sent him a direct message saying "hey". He immediately blocked her. Well I looked her up and although he blocked her, she still tried to send him a message asking him why he blocked her. What does she want with him? They haven't talked for almost 5 years and 2 of those years has been with me. She used to stalk him on AIM and stuff but he told me all that. He could have blocked her and hid it from me like it never happened, but instead he was upfront with me and honest about it. But what should I think here? What if he gets curious to just talk to her. What if she is screwing with him again and wants him back? I can't take that. She is 23 and acts like a 14 year old psychopath. I don't need that kind of drama. I am about to graduate college in a year or so.

- ErasingElle - 09-30-2012 06:11 PM

I wouldn't worry. At least you know your man is trustworthy. I mean if he was completely honest about it and told you what was going on I think that is the best thing he could have done. As for the crazy woman I would just let it go; there's not much anyone can do about psycho exes (unfortunately).

- rebekah - 09-30-2012 06:11 PM

i really don't think you have anything to worry about here. he sounds like a great guy and doesn't want anything to do w/ her. it was great that he was upfront w/ you about her wrighting him. hang in there, this time will pass and she wills see that he's not into her.

- Yohan - 09-30-2012 06:11 PM

Well your boyfriend seems like he's making the effort to show you he's all about you. Unfortunatley, no one can control that other girls actions, and she can try all she wants. She's obviously reaching out for some attention and seeing if your boyfriend will bite. The best course is to ignore her until she goes away. As far as your boyfriend, you guys seem mature enough for you to express your concerns to him. And from what you've said, he seems like a striahgt-forward guy. I know I'd probably react the same way if I were your boyfriend. I think things'll be fine.

- Luke G - 09-30-2012 06:11 PM

I don't think you have anything to worry about.. it seems that the guy your with is very mature and honest to you... that's a key to know that he is yours

- C00kie - 09-30-2012 06:11 PM

You should just be honest with your man and tell him upfront how you feel about it.

- tiislabest - 09-30-2012 06:11 PM

don't worry, if she is crazy haha then he will deff see it and don't be jealous trust that he won't start talking to her again because that could damage your relationship

- tinker90247 - 09-30-2012 06:11 PM

don't surround your mind with what if questions that's never a good thing. be happy that he lets you in on whats going on and isn't keeping it from you. don't go into over load over nothing. if hes heart is with you which it seems like it is the next female doesn't matter you have to know that what if questions can ruin a good thing.

don't sweat the small stuff

- Miss Lucky - 09-30-2012 06:11 PM

It sounds like your boyfriend is pretty honest with you. The fact that he blocked her right away when she tried to contact him shows that he doesn't want to have anything to do with her because he cares for you now. It sounds like you don't have anything to worry about. If things get worse your boyfriend might have to get a protective order issued against her which would prevent her from contacting him in any way, shape or form.

Good Luck!

- Joe - 09-30-2012 06:11 PM

If he thinks she's crazy you have nothing to worry about. Stalking someone only makes them look needy, so your bf is probably not attracted to her at all. He's been very honest about the whole situation, which is very good, and it tells me, again, that you have nothing to worry about. She probably wants to know what's going on in his life; perhaps she's got this "Let's see if his life is better than mine" competition going on. Or, maybe she wants him back (that's too bad. Sounds like your man is into you).

If he talks to her then I'm sure he's just curious. Trust me, no guy will put up with crazy women, unless all they want is sex.