Twitist Forums
Hiding from timeline on Facebook only hides what you did on profile but not on news feed huh? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook timeline (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Hiding from timeline on Facebook only hides what you did on profile but not on news feed huh? (/thread-95825.html)

Hiding from timeline on Facebook only hides what you did on profile but not on news feed huh? - R - 02-17-2014 11:08 PM

Ok I don't get if I thought if you hide something from time line you are also hiding it from news feed as well?

I mean there is some pictures I post I dont want the whole world to see like I am showing off or something just like people to see it casually when they come across my page

the reason i know facebook does this is because i have a fake facebook id and then my real one

i updated my profile picture and added some other in a album and then click in activity log to hide from timeline but on my fake facebook name right in the freaking newsfeed it shows i have put up up a new profile picture and added this ablum i even logged off on the fake one and refresh and its still there like wtf.

what gives am i doing something wrong?

i am pretty sure a lot of people like me think that stuff you hide from timeline doesn't automatically appear in the news feed how do i prevent that from happening?

i dont want to post this as a newsfeed obviously status updates is a different story but seriously ???

- abraXus - 02-17-2014 11:12 PM

yes, that's how facebook is supposed to work - when you hide things from your timeline, it doesnt hide it from your friends' newsfeeds - they are still updated as to what you are doing... facebook is a sharing site... if you dont want anyone seeing what you are doing, then why do it in the first place?

if it's a photo, you can set the privacy of the album you upload it to to private, then it wont show in other's newsfeeds until you make the album something other than private