Twitist Forums
What's the purpose of a hashtag? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter Hashtag (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: What's the purpose of a hashtag? (/thread-96098.html)

What's the purpose of a hashtag? - Fume - 02-18-2014 08:22 AM

I speak four languages, 3 computer languages (visual BASIC, C#, decent Java), have had a Myspace, Facebook, AND Twitter ever since Myspace was king (I actually called that FB was gonna take over and y'all bashed me haha), and I STILL don't get what a hashtag is. I tried wikipedia and remembered my reading glasses are somewhere in a Texas bayou so would someone please give me a explanation of hashtags. My main thing is Twitter if it's different in different places.

Much appreciated

- Cody - 02-18-2014 08:35 AM

A hashtag is a simple explanation for an action or emotion. Those hashtags are linked so that if someone else says the same thing, you can explore it. For example:

"Hot cocoa and a blanket #simplethings." That hashtag explains or describes what I like, or my emotion about my status. I find that to be a "simple thing in life"

Now anyone who also uses #simplethings after their status can be linked to my tweet. They can click on it and view my tweet, and see what I considered a "simple thing in life"

- Shawn Savoie - 02-18-2014 08:50 AM

its for finding post easier on social networks

- Mehmet - 02-18-2014 08:51 AM

help you reach many people who doesnt follow you and help you to check some issue you want look
for instagram tags you can use tagsforhearts.com