Twitist Forums
Unpopular on social media? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Unpopular on social media? (/thread-96280.html)

Unpopular on social media? - Jen - 02-18-2014 02:39 PM

My friends all have so many followers on twitter, instagram, friends on Facebook, etc. but I'm the single one out that has a lot lot less. I never follow anyone first anymore because I'm afraid of not being followed back or whatever. But no one seems to follow me first now either - I am not as social as my friends and I've gotten to know most people in association to my friends. Does that make me a boring person because it really feels like it to me Sad

- andy c - 02-18-2014 02:54 PM

Social media is a new arena of communication. I'd stick with interacting with people in real life first, but leave some room for online media, or you (like most adults 30+) will get left in the dust.

- Grace - 02-18-2014 03:06 PM

My friends are just like that they love having hundreds of follows & friends etc even if they've never seen the person in real life before. But think about it....being popular on social media is like sitting at the cool table at a mental asylum. Its really pointless. Your not boring because you don't have as many people stalking you as they do --your smart. Those strangers can see everything you put on there. Its best and safer to only have people you know.

- Tom - 02-18-2014 03:19 PM

Wow! You should quit comparing yourself with others. It's not healthy. I have no interest in all your social media stuff. To me it's pretty superficial anyway. I would rather have 1or 2 best friends than a hundred 'so-called' friends.

- Naguru - 02-18-2014 03:29 PM

I cannot manufacture an answer for these four words. I am sorry. Pl. excuse. Here in Yahoo, for your kind information, answers remain silent, if there is no specific question from your end.