Twitist Forums
Was I rude to my female friend (facebook message)? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Was I rude to my female friend (facebook message)? (/thread-96323.html)

Pages: 1 2

Was I rude to my female friend (facebook message)? - virgil - 02-18-2014 03:59 PM

I'm very busy right now with grad school classes and an internship. I almost never go out or hang out with friends because I don't have the time.

A female friend of mine messaged me on facebook and asked me if I want to hang out. We're friends and one time we made out but stopped there because she wanted to remain faithful to her bf. Which I respected.

Anycase, I messaged her back saying "Maybe. What's the % chance you'll sleep with me? We can hang out still, but I don't have a lot of time these days". She never messaged me back. I didn't think I was being rude but my sister says that was very rude of me (she's best friends with my sister as well).

- Hannah - 02-18-2014 04:00 PM

RUDE.

- Little Tiger - 02-18-2014 04:03 PM

Nah, that's not rude, just a little too direct. Most women get turned off by this type of questions and it's a relatively safe way to make them never have sex with you (there are also some cool exceptions) but seriously, if this girl really got offended by your question, then she's probably a very lame, prudish, humorless person and who wants to sleep with lame, prudish, humorless people?

- Stop Using My Name - 02-18-2014 04:05 PM

You are being incredibly rude. Let's hang out means simply that. When you suggest that you are only willing to hang out if there's a possibility that she will sleep with you, you are being beyond rude.

- SUN - 02-18-2014 04:10 PM

Yeah that's actually pretty rude of you because you decided that you only had time for her if you could get something out of it. It's also kind of selfish .If you truly value this person's friendship ,you'll make time for them for the right reasons.

- tomb07 - 02-18-2014 04:18 PM

Not rude at all. You are busy and need to schedule your time accordingly.

- nous vivons - 02-18-2014 04:30 PM

if you want to sleep with a woman, that's 99% of the time not the right way of going about it. rude is not the right word for it but you did show her a lack of respect telling her straight out that you don't care about her personality or want to talk with her you just want to sleep with her and then go back to your study, which is pretty much the same thing you could do with a prostitute. i know if a guy sent that to me i wouldn't bother to reply either.

- Pearl L - 02-18-2014 04:32 PM

sounds rude

- bluebellbkk - 02-18-2014 04:35 PM

I think you meant it as a joke, but you phrased it wrongly and it backfired on you.

- Bent Snowman - 02-18-2014 04:42 PM

Translation: "Hanging out with you would be pointless if you did not sleep with me, because I just care about sex, not the time we spend together. I do not have a lot of time, so I need to spend it only in ways that benefit me."

Stop talking about how you do not have time, it is tacky. Nobody has time. If you want time, you make it, you can spend your life trying to find time and then never find any. Do not be that guy and get a clue.