Twitist Forums
My facebook changed to timeline without my permission? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook timeline (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: My facebook changed to timeline without my permission? (/thread-96525.html)

My facebook changed to timeline without my permission? - Level 1 Troll - 02-18-2014 10:36 PM

I dont know how this happened, i delete my old account because it changed to timeline and i hate it, so i made a new one and now its switched to timeline, im so p*ssed off, i hate timeline. I think some stupid iPhone app i was using caused it to change to timeline. Is there any way to undo this and get old layout back?

- laurence c - 02-18-2014 10:41 PM

reset it

- Zynie - 02-18-2014 10:45 PM

Does it to everyone eventually, sucks I know, but have the timeline for a while, give it a go, I quite like it now, I have seen a website that shows an easy method to get the Facebook wall back but now I prefer the timeline so I decided not to go back xx Smile

- Chaz - 02-18-2014 11:01 PM

Everyone's facebook has changed to timeline automatically.
You had the option to change it to timeline a few months ago, but they were setting everyone's profile to it anyway. It sucks, I know. There's no way to get the old layout back though.

- Anoymous - 02-18-2014 11:07 PM

Same, before it was optional and now it ain't. I hate the thing. You cannot change it because Facebook wants to make it safe for you. Like they actually care because they want more users to go on the website.

- Alexander - 02-18-2014 11:15 PM

Nope, it's compulsory. Facebook doesn't need your permission, trust me you will barely notice it in a few weeks, the interface has changed numerous times over the last few years and everytime it invokes furore from its users.

And everytime after a few weeks nobody cares.

Look at it this way, the can of soup on the supermarket shelf doesn't get asked permission to change the display...

- 153 - 02-18-2014 11:22 PM

it was mandatory thats why they changed your facebook page to timeline.you cannot change it anymore.

- b2311e - 02-18-2014 11:32 PM

No, all accounts are changing to this layout.

I was one of the very first to recieve this (through access to Developer's centre on Facebook), and believe me, you don't get used to it much. Admin'ing a page is way harder with timeline.