Twitist Forums
Question regarding the 8 profile friends that appear at the right side of my Facebook timeline? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook timeline (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Question regarding the 8 profile friends that appear at the right side of my Facebook timeline? (/thread-96997.html)

Question regarding the 8 profile friends that appear at the right side of my Facebook timeline? - Rahul - 02-19-2014 12:23 PM

I wanted to ask a question regarding the 8 profile friends on Facebook that appear at the right side of the timeline below the Activity tab. For the last 2-4 months I have been noticing that these 8 friends always tend to appear in my profile. I haven't had much interaction with any of them, neither have I viewed their Facebook profile.

I was curious to know are these people the ones who view my profile the most? I've asked some friends and they are telling me it's all random. But I can't really say it's random because when I refresh my web browser I still see the 8 friends appearing on the profile but in different order.

I have around 200 friends and it seems to be that only the 8 friends seem to appear on my profile. Some days it's a little different. 2-3 other friends appear. But then again when I notice the tendency, it seems like it's usually the same old people that keep appearing under the 8 profile friends on my Facebook profile.

Can someone give me a definitive answer to this? Are they really viewing my profile the most? Or what exactly? And if it is indeed random. Then why are mostly these 8 particular friends appearing on the right side of my Facebook timeline? I haven't even had recent activity with them nor am I viewing their profile. :/

Thanks.

- abraXus - 02-19-2014 12:29 PM

they are based on interaction as explained here

http://abrax.us/Facebook/FriendList.php

- Jeanne - 02-19-2014 12:33 PM

It is based on the your information you have shared with Facebook, communication in Facebook(chat, comment like etc ), tagged in photos, family, relationships etc.