Twitist Forums
rhh: thoughts and rec's from these artists? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: rhh: thoughts and rec's from these artists? (/thread-97169.html)

rhh: thoughts and rec's from these artists? - Swoope (Well done Baz) - 02-19-2014 12:25 PM

The Remnant
Sivion
LMNO
Ohmega Watts
Shad

I've heard a bit from OW (I don't think he is on any social media?) and a review from The Needle Drop of Shad's Flying Colours.

BQ: What's been on rotation recently?

Thanks.

- Sono - 02-19-2014 12:27 PM

I'm familiar with LMNO, Ohmega Watts and Shad.

I'd recommend Ohmega Watt's The Find. It's a great funky conscious album. Ohmega is also a producer and drops some of his best beats on there. He's also part of a group called Lightheaded; check out their album Pure Thoughts.

Check out Shad's When This is Over. This album is an outstanding piece of work. It's pretty much what made Shad one of my favorite rappers; highly recommend that one.

I have not heard any solo work but LMNO yet. He's part of the group Visionaries. I'll check out his discography when I get the chance but for now I'd recommend checking out Galleries by Visionaries. It's a decent to good album.

BQ: I've been listening to a lot of stuff by Jurassic 5, Charizma, J-Zone and Sixtoo lately this week

Merry Christmas Swoope, hope you have a good one.

- Luke-E Boi - 02-19-2014 12:36 PM

Don't really know much about most of these artists, though Shad has an album called The Old Prince which I would definitely recommend, I think Canadian Hip-Hop in general is criminally underrated (except for Drake.) and Shad is one of the best from those parts of the world in my opinion.

BQ: Been listening to a lot of Christmas music(Frank Sinatra mainly.), Wu-Tang Clan (36 Chambers, Raekwon's OB4CL & GZA's Liquid Swords.) & Arctic Monkeys ''Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not.'' (One of the best Indie Rock albums ever IMO.)