Twitist Forums
How do I hide my profile pictures on facebook from people who aren't my friends? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook profile (/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: How do I hide my profile pictures on facebook from people who aren't my friends? (/thread-97216.html)

How do I hide my profile pictures on facebook from people who aren't my friends? - Lee - 02-19-2014 12:25 PM

Okay... I have everything on my profile blocked to "friends only" on my facebook, but when I preview my profile, people can still view my profile pictures? I even changed that to "Only me" can see it.. it still does the same thing. It's not because i'm previewing because I got one of my friends to delete me and see if it still shows up and it does. Does anyone know why it's doing that, or how to fix it?

Thank you!!

- Jeremy - 02-19-2014 12:28 PM

You don't, it's one of the few things that no matter what, everyone sees.

- sword_of_human05 - 02-19-2014 12:33 PM

Just don't post a DP.

- xniicOlexx - 02-19-2014 12:43 PM

Did you check it while still logged into your account because that could be the case. Try checking from another friends account by deleteing / them deleting you and seeing if it worked and re-add. When i had a facebook and put it on friends only it always works. If not then i dont know what to tell you. Good luck. Smile

- TiduSâ„¢ - 02-19-2014 12:49 PM

I don't know where is the problem but try the following.

1. Account->Privacy Setting->Customize Setting->Things I Share->Post By Me->Friends Only.
2. Account->Privacy Setting->Customize Setting->Things Others Share->Photos and videos you're tagged in->Friends Only.

1. Account->Privacy Setting
2. In Connecting on Facebook, View Settings.
3. In Search for you on Facebook, Drop Down to Friends Only.

Don't know whether this will work. Because "Friends Only" would do the same settings(except 2nd soln)

- jedi0001 - 02-19-2014 12:54 PM

Really Easy

Follow these steps as I only did this the other day to my profile:

1) Go to your account
2) click on Privacy Settings
3) Customize settings
4) under things I share click on Edit Privacy Settings for existing photo albums and videos (coloured in blue)
5) This will show all your albums and profile pictures
6) change each setting to either Friends only, Friends of Freidns etc - Your choice

change your profile Pictures to Friends only and when people try to search for you they will not be able to see these pics

- Eric Burts - 02-19-2014 12:56 PM

Sorry you can't

- Toughisland874 - 02-19-2014 01:04 PM

You can't hide your profile pictures on Facebook.

Good luck!