Twitist Forums
I'm running windows7.How to get my pc to remember my sign in information, user name, email, password etc? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Pages (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: I'm running windows7.How to get my pc to remember my sign in information, user name, email, password etc? (/thread-97252.html)

I'm running windows7.How to get my pc to remember my sign in information, user name, email, password etc? - Riki - 02-19-2014 12:25 PM

it used to do that automatically.How to get my pc to remember my sign in information, user name, email, password etc. For years when I returned to facebook, tripadvisor a weather channel and several other sites my info entered automatically it still does on my lap top but not my desk top pc although I never signed out from those sites but had just closed the windows after visiting. I don't believe or remember changing any settings on that computer, now most of the time I have to re-enter the details. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you, I am using IE if possible directions for IE would be appreciated.

- plutonic - 02-19-2014 12:32 PM

This has to do with the browser. I use Chrome so I will use that for this example. Go to Settings from the Menu icon just below the Red X that closes the browser. From there select Settings. On the bottom of that page, click on advanced settings which brings up additional settings. A few lines down you will see "Offer to save passwords I enter on the web" Make sure that that box is checked.

Edit: Also make sure the box above the one mentioned above, Enable autofill .... is checked.

- Bahli,Q - 02-19-2014 12:41 PM

i also forgot my password and paid to get it removed.
and went back to windows x p.
windows7 is so full of instigations and viruses.not to be trusted