Twitist Forums
Is it rude to ask someone to take down a picture from Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Is it rude to ask someone to take down a picture from Facebook? (/thread-97706.html)

Is it rude to ask someone to take down a picture from Facebook? - WS - 02-19-2014 12:29 PM

Someone posted a picture of me from a trip on Facebook. I'm very embarrassed by how I look in the picture. Is it rude to message the person and ask them to take it down?

- HanPL - 02-19-2014 12:37 PM

Yes you can and if they don't remove it you can even contact Facebook support to remove it for you,

- Nitro - 02-19-2014 12:40 PM

It's not rude, as long as you ask the person politely.

- trismum - 02-19-2014 12:47 PM

Not at all. I actually had a friend ask me if I would please remove a photo of her new baby because she felt it invaded his privacy. Of course I should have thought to ask her if it was okay before posting it in my excitement about having a new little BFF. Seems to me you just have to tell them that you want the photo removed because you don't like the way you look in it. I know I've learned a lesson, and will ask people in future before posting pix of them.