Twitist Forums
Will social media have a greater impact on campaigns and elections in the future? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Will social media have a greater impact on campaigns and elections in the future? (/thread-9776.html)

Will social media have a greater impact on campaigns and elections in the future? - miniatureclub349 - 10-14-2012 11:12 AM

I heard the revolution in Egypt called the "Facebook revolution," and I'm not talking about a revolution in the US, but mobilizing and social activism through this medium.

Opinions?

- purringvein395 - 10-14-2012 11:20 AM

It's the future of communication.
McCain lost big time because he didn't embrace it.
Politics won't just be affected by social media, they'll be decided by social media.

- Chewy Ivan 2 - 10-14-2012 11:20 AM

Yes. I think social media has already had an impact by making people more interested in politics and feel more connected with their elected leaders.

- Wounded Duck - 10-14-2012 11:20 AM

Yes, but it is a double edged sword. Without fact checking, it is just propaganda with no basis in fact. Too easy to manipulate and misuse. Breitbart is a good example of misuing the media.

- Still Quazee - 10-14-2012 11:20 AM

Yes! Why listen to the morons on TV when us ordinary morons can argue with each other directly?