Twitist Forums
On a scale of one to five, how will this make him feel? Can you rewrite it for a six or seven? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook profile (/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: On a scale of one to five, how will this make him feel? Can you rewrite it for a six or seven? (/thread-98330.html)

On a scale of one to five, how will this make him feel? Can you rewrite it for a six or seven? - Red Dress Valentine - 02-19-2014 12:33 PM

I realize that I came off as a perfectionist, but maybe you can remember that I can be understanding and patient. You suggested I keep from having friends and I never asked you how you felt about me having a facebook account. I know you meant well.

10 - Frustrated
9 - Annoyed
8 - Turned On
7 - Enchanted
6 - Tender-hearted
5 - Accepting
4 - Tolerant
3 - Uncomfortable
2 - Threatened
1 - Intimidated
The words on the scale are what I'm going for. Thanks!
Please aim for:
7 - Enchanted or 6 - Tender-hearted

- BILL - 02-19-2014 12:38 PM

As it was I would likely give this the number 10, and would feel defensive as if I was being accused of doing something wrong. Text can come out like this easily. I am not sure of the context, but I would write something like the following:
I realize that I came off as a perfectionist, but I am trying to be understanding and patient now. You suggested I keep from having friends and I apologize for never asking you how you felt about me having a facebook account. I know you meant well and I thank you for that.