Twitist Forums
If I delete the Facebook app on my iPhone 4, will my Facebook account be deleted too? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook apps (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: If I delete the Facebook app on my iPhone 4, will my Facebook account be deleted too? (/thread-99015.html)

If I delete the Facebook app on my iPhone 4, will my Facebook account be deleted too? - Not You - 02-19-2014 12:38 PM

My Facebook app isn't working, so I was planning on deleting it off my phone, then adding it back on through the computer when I sync it. So I went to delete the app and it popped up with a thing that said I would lose all of my data if I delete it. Does that mean my account will be gone? If not, what do you think it means?

A little information on the problem with my app (if you know how to fix it): I was using the app yesterday and it quit unexpectedly. So I clicked on it again, and it quit again after about 2 seconds. So I repeated that over and over, but it kept quitting. So I rebooted my phone and tried again. No luck.
Then last night, I updated the version of my phone to the 5.0.1 software to see if that would fix the problem (and I needed to update because my phone was getting slow). After that update, I clicked on the app to see if it would FINALLY work, but no such luck. It still doesn't work. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks for your help!

- Garland - 02-19-2014 12:39 PM

No

- Ariella - 02-19-2014 12:43 PM

If you delete the app, it shouldn't delete your account too. You can only go in manually on a computer and delete your account.

- Matthew - 02-19-2014 12:46 PM

Absolutely not

- Lily - 02-19-2014 12:49 PM

no

- Ewok - 02-19-2014 12:50 PM

No your Face Book Account won't be deleted, try reinstalling the app Smile?

- Slamet - 02-19-2014 12:53 PM

Hi !

Yes, Facebook app have a such a thing means stuck..
But i'm delete Facebook App on my iPhone and seems Facebook account will be not 'DELETED'.
Only you can't get access your information , your notification , if you re-installed, the notification and access should be work back again.

So i think it's safe to Delete Facebook App .
If you still afraid, try to do some backup information from iTunes on PC.

Hope it's help Smile

- ScσττRΛSC³ - 02-19-2014 12:59 PM

No. Deleting the Facebook app will not delete your Facebook account.