Twitist Forums
What are the effects of removing a dislike/thumbs down system on websites? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: What are the effects of removing a dislike/thumbs down system on websites? (/thread-99982.html)

What are the effects of removing a dislike/thumbs down system on websites? - technoty45 - 02-19-2014 12:43 PM

I heard few users that complained about getting dislikes/thumbs downs on videos/comments/etc. on the internet. I thought it is unconstructive because I don't often hear the reason why these posts are disagreeable. And then some people use this tool to bash these posts or the sender abusively.

If a dislike/thumbs down system gets removed on a popular social website, shifting to a Facebook-esque "like" system, what will be the effects from the users? Would there be positive effects, or would there be more disapproving or negative, unconstructive posts? Would they think a portion of free-speech is eliminated?

Just curious.

- Someone - 02-19-2014 12:44 PM

I think it will be positive because on YouTube you'll find that people will dislike a video purely because they are an evil little shit for example how can anyone dislike a video on cancer prevention, pathetic people

- Jazz - 02-19-2014 12:52 PM

I'm not sure as to the affect for users but the effect for your website would be positive. Good SEO to have facebook likes.