This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
On facebook how do i list family or friends under a special name?
11-09-2012, 05:51 PM
On facebook how do i list family or friends under a special name?
What I mean by this is, Ive seen people list others under names like like "my bestfriends" or "homies" and even "bitches".. Just like youd list someone as your brother or sister and im curious to how id be ale to do this? can someone help?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:59 PM

Carefully go through each and every single one of your settings until you find the one that allows you to do what you want. Cause if you evaluate every setting for what it can allow you to do and not do, you will run across the setting you're looking for. I guarantee it.

Ads

What you need to do is go to the person's profile whom you want to add to this list. At the top you should have options such as "Friends", "Subscribed", "Message" and "Poke".
Click the "Friends" button and a drop-down menu will come up. The default actions are "Close friends" or "Acquaintances", and listed below them are any options relevant to yourself (such as your school, or workplace).
There should be an option called "New List..."
Click that and you can put them into a category you make yourself.

The next person you want to add to this category will be easier - the option should be in the drop-down menu now, so just select that.

go to a person's page you want to add to your group. put you're pointer over where it say's friends and then a check mark and under that, it should say make a new list. then add the person to it. if you want to add another person, do the same thing, only now you're new group will appear under it and click on that instead. now, you can always appear offline to some people or always online to others. hope this helps Smile

i think the other people answering are confusing what you want with lists of friends

what you want to do used to be possible, but facebook seems to have removed that capability

you can still set up lists of friends, and call the list anything you want to, like the others have explained how to do, but the name of the list is never publicly viewable - only you can see it