This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to deal After someone rejects your facebook friend request?
11-09-2012, 08:50 PM
How to deal After someone rejects your facebook friend request?
How do you deal with seeing someone you know declined your facebook friendship request? I added a friend of my husband's after he posted a comment on my husbands wall and he denied my friend request because it showed up "add as friend" again. Now we are having dinner together with him and his wife next week. How can I feel less awkward when I see him? It's like, you deny my friend request but you invite us over for dinner? I just don't get it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:59 PM

lol, dont get worked up or worried about a social networking site
if you are friends in real life your fine, just dont bring it up as that be awkward

Ads

Grow up, its just Facebook. It's not the end of the world.

Don't jump to conclusions as you don't even know yet if he intentionally declined your request. For all you know you may all go out and he will say I accidentally hit the wrong button... You never know until you talk about it!

i know how u feel!

Lol um just pretend it didnt happen. If he mentions it just laugh it off as if you sent him the friend request by accident.

He may have not seen it. That happens sometimes.

But in any event, I don't understand why people say, "It's just Facebook". No, it's not. There are real people and real feelings on both sides of the screen. Just how we are taught as children to be kind, polite, and considerate of others, the same rules apply when you're on the phone or on the computer. We are only human, so I understand your feelings.

I don't think it's a good idea to bring it up when you see him. Let nature take it's course. Is he nice to you in real life? I bet he just didn't discover your request or hit the wrong button. I'd try to add him one more time, and then after that, just let it go. Smile

Don't Worry About..., and ask him straight why he denied your request, but
Act like nothing happened Wink

There maybe all sough ts of reasons. May be his wife is the jealous type. May be he miss understood, is he your husbands boss?I wouldn't worry about it.Just talk to them at dinner , like if nothing has happened, he may ask you join as a friend (or may not), not the end of the world.

Just play it cool