This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should people make more of an effort to keep somethings private?
12-14-2012, 05:47 AM
Should people make more of an effort to keep somethings private?
I know this is kind of broad but I'm asking this in relation to any kind of scope you can think of. Should people try to be more confidential about somethings?

Do you agree with this quote?

"Nowadays nothing is private: our culture has become too confessional and self-expressive. People think to hide one's thoughts or feelings is to pretend not to have those thoughts or feelings. They assume that honesty requires one to express every inclination and impulse" - J.D. Velleman

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2012, 05:55 AM

Somethings should definitely be kept confidential.......But we should not be too private if and if not you will lose yourself........

Ads

I don't think we need to try really hard, unless we're actually embarrassed. But I don't like oversharing either.

I subscribe to being open. Private people are seen as selfish and distrustful, and therefore not genuine.

A real man bottles everything up and releases tension via violent crime.

i think peoples private life and personal life's get muddled but thats because ussualley when something really important like being pregnant or a new bf..or whatever excites you you want to share it with some one like a best friend for example. so yes i do but you cant blame society if you tell someone your secret but i don't think you should have to work super hard to that's just my opinion though so i hope i helped -xoxo

ABSOLUTELY, they should !!!!

Modern technology has made it possible to be in contact all the time, informing everybody what you are up to.

Sites such as Facebook, twitter, blogs enc encourage people to spill the beans about themselves all the time. Every boring detail ! And mobile phones force you to be available all the time. No place to be left alone and have some private time.

This is a big problem because we do not have a chance to be private any more. We are all becoming the same. like a flock of sheep - no individualism and mystery any more.