This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What percentage of Americans can afford to spend $625 a month for health insurance for one person?
02-25-2014, 12:40 AM
What percentage of Americans can afford to spend $625 a month for health insurance for one person?
Thats what I am paying now thanks to Obamacare.
Kiran: But I don't qualify to have taxpayers pay for most of my health insurance. Its laughable that you think that making taxpayers pay for ones coverage is a good thing

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2014, 12:49 AM

according to cons, if you work hard, stay in school and make good choices... everyone can! yay!

only if you're stupid and lazy will you have a problem... so... do you have a problem?

Ads

02-25-2014, 12:55 AM

I made sure to get a job where health insurance is provided. I pay a small part of the premium. Maybe you should look for another job?
02-25-2014, 12:57 AM

Not me...
02-25-2014, 01:06 AM

Not many, as we will soon find as more and more start to loose there savings, there homes, there jobs and then there freedom, because if you don't purchase it you must pay the tax (penalty) and failure to pay your taxes is a crime doing time in the FEMA camps or Federal prison its still time.
02-25-2014, 01:14 AM

How old are you? If you are in 60s, there is the expected price before the tax credit. After 64, you are covered by Medicare. If you are in 40, the expected is around $270 a month.

User the calculator to get the price you may pay for Obamacare.
http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/

EDIT
The prices that I quoted are before tax credits. Also, unless you make more than $200,000, you will not pay extra in taxes for Obamacare. Because of tax increases and spending offsets, the new law will reduce the deficit over the next ten and twenty years.

What is wrong with paying someone's coverage? When I pay taxes I pay for someone's coverage at the VA. When I pay the payroll taxes, I pay for someone's coverage who is either old or poor. Even a free market economist like Friedrich Hayek in "The Road To Serfdom" believed taxpayers must pay for someone's coverage:

"Nor is there any reason why the state should not assist the individuals in providing for those common hazards of life against which, because of their uncertainty, few individuals can make adequate provision. Where, as in the case of sickness and accident, neither the desire to avoid such calamities nor the efforts to overcome their consequences are as a rule weakened by the provision of assistance – where, in short, we deal with genuinely insurable risks – the case for the state’s helping to organize a comprehensive system of social insurance is very strong … Wherever communal action can mitigate disasters against which the individual can neither attempt to guard himself nor make the provision for the consequences, such communal action should undoubtedly be taken."
02-25-2014, 01:15 AM

625/month = 7K annually, or 315,000 over a life time. (Assuming 45 years of work between when you can leave your parents insurance at 25 and get on SS/Medicare at 70)

Compared to the average medical costs a person accrues over a lifetime, 316,000 (according to the NIH, assuming you like to 85, at current costs) you end up paying the exact same amount, only rationed over a lifetime, rather than being paid in a lump sum when you need it.

Why is this good for you? Because should you ever experience a disaster, or medical emergency, the costs will be outrageous. Cancer treatment can run up 100,000 dollars a year, which unless you are outrageously wealthy, is not affordable. This is the point of insurance. If you go through your whole life, and you never used your insurance one time, you win. You didn't "lose" money, you beat the system, and lucked out having never been the victim of calamity. So be responsible, and pay your insurance premiums so that when you need them you aren't bankrupted.
02-25-2014, 01:18 AM

Please turn off Fox News, that's only the rate people will pay who make $250,000 a year, which I'm taking a wild guess you don't.

...and my question is if anybody is making that much money, why didn't they have good healthcare already in place?
02-25-2014, 01:25 AM

My Mom lost her medicare advantage thanks to obamacare- in fact it Forces 22,000 Seniors to Lose Medicare Advantage
She can't afford the jump in prices. And she and others were glad to pay the extra before so they wouldn't burden the tax payers. So who is going to pay when all these seniors needs more medical than medicare allows?

It upsets me that some think that isn't happening to people who need medical the most. This bill of Obama is a killer and shame on any who don't demand better from our government right now.
02-25-2014, 01:29 AM

I'd say about 1%,