This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If GOP said Jobs are #1, why are they going after Privatizing Medicare and Social Security?
03-24-2014, 11:30 AM
If GOP said Jobs are #1, why are they going after Privatizing Medicare and Social Security?
GOP got real quiet during election season on these topics. Now, they're back to what they believe all along. The next Stock Market crash will really work out well with these new programs in place.

Do GOP voters ever remember these things?

House GOP considers privatizing Medicare – “WASHINGTON – Months after they hammered Democrats for cutting Medicare, House Republicans are debating whether to relaunch their quest to privatize the health program for seniors. House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, R-Wis., is testing support for his idea to replace Medicare with a fixed payment to buy a private medical plan from a menu of coverage options….”

"Rep. Eric Cantor of Virginia, the second-ranking Republican in the House, said in an interview this week that he supported a proposal to create private investment accounts within Social Security..."

"Mr. Boehner has repeatedly refused to take Social Security privatization off the table and has described the GOP's alternative budget proposal - which will privatize Social Security and end Medicare as we know it - as "a pretty good list of options" when it comes to dealing with the deficit."

"Mr. Pence has been an ardent supporter of Social Security privatization for years. In 2005, he co-wrote a letter to President Bush with Congressman John Shadegg urging private accounts: "We urge you to continue to pursue personal carve- out accounts as the long run solution for Social Security's actuarial shortcomings." [Letter from Mike Pence and John Shadegg to President George W. Bush, 4/15/05]"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110127/ap_o...epublicans

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424...RDS=cantor

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/108xx/doc1085...Letter.pdf

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con...0020100056

http://www.speaker.gov/blog/?p=2891
Equality - 2nd time; Work on your points and your answers may have greater value.
Pixie. Your name speaks volumes.
Larry. Communist Goals? That reveals a lot...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:33 AM

Because Obama has a laser focus on the economy. Oh wait..

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:40 AM

Why don't you pay for it and let me get it for free. You know how many people are going to walk off their jobs just because it is no longer worth it. If you pay more in taxes then you take home it makes no sense to continue working. You want proof look at the former Soviet Union.
03-24-2014, 11:50 AM

Why do idiots think the word privatize means stealing?

Even if you lost 50% of your money in a stock market crash it would be better than 100% of it being gone like it is now. The government has pissed it all away.

Besides the stock market has mostly recovered.
03-24-2014, 11:51 AM

These things are costing us too much money.

And most the reason why jobs are lacking so much in this country is because it's cheaper to move the business to some third world place and pay the workers a fraction of what US workers make. This is one reason why I refuse to patronize Walmart.
03-24-2014, 12:00 PM

Wow! The exact same question asked over and over again by the exact same leftist! Why are leftists so stupid that they can't understand the answers from the first fifteen times that they ask?

I can cut and paste my answer from session number 12!

Because government run programs destroy jobs by taking more and more money from people in the form of taxes (or inflation as the Fed prints money to pay for government debt). Obama wants the government to run everything, thereby destroying the economy and jobs. See Cuba and Russia for proof that having the government run everything destroys a country.
03-24-2014, 12:02 PM

The Republicans want Social Security to become a game of investing on Wall Street instead of retirement insurance.
03-24-2014, 12:10 PM

So that All Americans would have lost their entire SS money
when the stock market crashed in 2008 and to help prop-up
the fiat economy with a massive injection of investment
dollars into the market, that's why! Smile
03-24-2014, 12:19 PM

looks like to me you think you are owed a life.or you expect that you can't make it without government aid.which is it.because to me it looks like you don't want to pay your own way.just like health care,but your cool with me paying for you huh?
03-24-2014, 12:21 PM

Reagan privatized most of US business.
It was supposed to be "more efficient".
Instead our Federal Budget nearly tripled.