This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do people Twitter about and why do others care?
10-15-2012, 08:06 PM
What do people Twitter about and why do others care?
I don't get the whole Twitter fad. Who cares about the minuscule details of a random person's life? Why do people care so much on Twitter, yet no one cares about anyone in their own neighborhoods and communities anymore. Everyone just walks around with their noses in their iphones and don't even bother to look up and say "hi" to people they know.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:14 PM

I KNOW.
I don't get it...
I don't care what people do every minute of their lives...
I have my own life to worry about....
I barely even go on my facebook page.

Ads

It's like Myspace. i remember being in school hearing guys talk about like it was real serious. It irritated me how people got their feelings hurt over the freaking internet.

PS: I didn't know the word myspace could be corrected by spell checker

I have no idea ... and the last part with saying "hi" ... it doesn't seem right or fair to me ... i mean ... it seems like their lives are revolving around the internet -virtual world - ... and ... that's not right ... at least not in my point of view.
So ... I don't give a tweet about twitter!

Twitter addiction is a new desease of the sentury : ) , Twitter is a cool world's chat, in 10 years robots will rule the world. I'm also Tweet addict , use http://feald.com to get more followers !

Have fun

For business it is great- free publicity

They Use Twitter to make Money, by using this product that Dean Carlson Talks About at this website called:
http://Twittercashstory.info

So Far I Made $7,980 and i started 2 weeks ago with http://Twittercashstory.info

Thanks Dean Carlson For Showing Us How To Make Money with Twitter.

Well to be honest, I don't really follow the whole, "What are you doing" thing; maybe when I go to sleep and when I wake up but I think of Twitter as an instant messenger except you're limited to few characters. Sure it seems more meaningful to actually IM the person instead but I run out of things to talk about there; Twitter is more random and you can converse more.

As far as people in communities go, I'm not sure? I hate calling people on the phone but I use Twitter to keep in contact with friends from school. Even some of my family members have gotten into it; it's just more convenient, funner, and easier to use than most other networking sites.

I didn't see the point in the beginning either but once I learned all the features they had, I became hooked. Just try it? I'm not guaranteeing that you'll like it or hate it but it can't be THAT much of a waste of time?

Generally speaking Twitter panders to our need for random aceptance by people we do not necessarily know on a personal level. Its a social media site that relies on good manners to a certain extent but allows the user to adopt another persona and to allow a certain amount of fantasy to enter thier otherwise mundane life.

Twitter is a fun way to stay connected with your friends without spending three hours trawling through six tons of spam marketing and Applications that facebook and myspace are famous for.

In the past neighbors used to sit out on the porch and talk but now everyone is always in a hurry to get somewhere . However they still feel a need to keep in touch. Twitter feeds this need just like texting anfd I/M . Lately the evening news and entertainment shows have jumped on board. A few weeks ago with the political unrest in Iran the government treid to shutdown the Internet to stop the news from spreading . Using twitter and videophones the word still got out. Also there was a bank hostage situation where a woman was trapped inside and was tweeting to her daughter who then relayed info to the police outside. This is a new technology that will find it's place as things settle down.