This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what is conduit.search?
04-08-2014, 06:34 PM
what is conduit.search?
My IE open page keeps defaulting to "Search". I can see conduit.search in the URL. When I try to reset the default open page using Internet Tools, IE is shut down.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:40 PM

hi, it installed with other software pack especially from brothersoft,softonic,or cnet,first of all whenever install a software, you have to select custom installation,then remove tick to agree install like this software

how to remove it from ie
first go to control panel,then select conduit(search protect byconuit) ,if you unable to find out, just sort it by publisher name,then you can see conduit,uninsall it
then go to IE,then change home page from tools>internet option >general,to blank or other your favorite site,
below that i mean in same general tab you can see 'tabs'
in it select new blank page when open a new tab

also in advanced tab, select reset, to restore to original settings

Ads

04-08-2014, 06:48 PM

a piece of malware redirector.

In Win7 I disabled it in tools, manage ad ons.

& control panel, uninstall a program.

& look in Computer, local disk, Programs, & Programs (x86).

In that order would be most convenient
04-08-2014, 06:52 PM

It's a search page usually classified as a browser hijacker. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner.
04-08-2014, 06:54 PM

Its a browser hijacking app installed automatically with some software packs.
What Does it do: Whenever you open your new tab in browser (eg:Chrome,IE,Firefox) it will redirect you to a default search page. In my case it directed me to "bing" search engine which was a nuissance.
How to Avoid it: Be careful before downloading and installing such software packs.Read the instruction carefully before installing such apps.
How to Remove it: Go to Control Panel>>Programs>>Programs and Features and search for "Search Protect" App whose Publisher is "Conduit". Uninstall it and there you are...................Free from it.................