This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I don't like Microsoft Internet Explorer?
04-08-2014, 06:46 PM
I don't like Microsoft Internet Explorer?
I don't like the Microsot Internet Explorer BROWSER. Can I remove it without it affecting the operation of Windows 7. I never use it

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:47 PM

Yes. Download whichever other browser you want, and feel free to delete IE
Opera? Chrome? FireFox? Go for it. It wont hurt Win7

Ads

04-08-2014, 06:50 PM

No, simply remove it from your desktop and unpin it from your tool bar at the bottom of your computer. It's an integral piece of your OS and the real only way of removing it is corrupting the OS files in which use IE but that wouldn't be wise as some Windows utilities exclusively use IE.

Follow this how-to to change your default browser:

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/ho...97910.html
04-08-2014, 06:57 PM

No! MS Internet Explorer is actually part of the Operating System. It cannot be removed.
However, you can install a different browser like Google Chrome and set it as your "Default Browser".
04-08-2014, 06:58 PM

IE is more built in than added on, to windows. While this is a marketing strategy of Microsoft, it is none the less something you are left to cope with. Simply set your alternative browser as the default, and ignore its existence.. You can safely remove shortcuts to it from your windows desk top, if they are annoying.
04-08-2014, 07:03 PM

I don't like Microsoft Internet Explorer too.
04-08-2014, 07:13 PM

You can delete IE but i wouldn't recommend it just unpin it from the taskbar and put your other browser as default
04-08-2014, 07:16 PM

I don't know if your PC is similar to mine, but go to something like "control pane", or you can ask for help for someone that understand this, just for uninstall it (You have to have another browser installed. I recommend Google Chrome). So, anyway, don't try to resolve it without a computer technician, or someone that knows about it.

Hope I've helped you. Bye! xoxo