This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Electronicmegasale.com a scam?
04-08-2014, 07:36 PM
Electronicmegasale.com a scam?
Is anyone else having problems with the website electronicmegasale.com? I made an account on there website using my email now I am being sent the same email by them over and over again. There site also won't let me log in and says my email has never been registered. I bought an Xbox from them and they haven't sent me any confirmation. I filed a claim with PayPal and it is now being investigated. Has anyone had any luck with this website or am I screwed?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:42 PM

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. THEY ARE A SCAM. I purchased 2 Toshiba 39" LED tvs from them on Dec. 16. When I asked for an estimate of the scheduled delivery date, I received the same copy and paste reply on 3 separate emails. None of their links to Facebook, LinkedIn,You Tube are active. I called PayPay and said that this was a scam. Within 30 minutes I received an email from electronicmegasale.com that my money had been refunded. But the money had not been refunded. I received an email from them the next day that the merchandise had been shipped along with a UPS tracking number. 1 TV arrived the next day from BestBuy.com. The UPS tracking number on the shipment from BestBuy.com was the same from this outfit. I called PayPal and alerted them to this. I called BestBuy and they told me an order had been placed on Dec. 18 and was charged to a VISA card which was not mine. 2 days later I called Best Buy with another UPS tracking number I received from electronicsmegasale.com The next day another tv arrived from BestBuy.com with this UPS tracking number. I am still awaiting a final decision from PayPal on this. To date they have not refunded my $591.88.

I received a reply from this other blog from Jerry.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...201AAz5MSv

Jerry, BestBuy advised me to send the items back. But after I called PayPal, PayPal said to hold onto them until they finish their investigation. I had received an email from PayPal on Friday, the 27th that they received a response from electronicsmegasale and would advise of their deciscion. I told PayPay that this scammer had placed the orders with BestBuy.com using fraudulent Visa cards. Best Buy told me that the last 4 digits of each of the 2 VISA credit cards used were both different and I don't have any such numbered Visa cards. Even the emails that BestBuy had on file for each placed order were not mine. Obviously, this scammer takes your money from PayPal and keeps it. Then he places orders with fraudulent credit cards to ship the goods. Eventually, someone will call saying their credit card has been compromised. I feel confident I'll get my money back from PayPal as I never received the merchandise from Electronicsmegasale.com at the price I paid. Best Buy's cost for each tv was $380 with tax and shipping. I paid $591 for both (295.99 each tv) with electronicmegasale.com

I hope you are able to get your money back Jerry.

Any of you may email me at traveling46@hotmail.com

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:44 PM

I JUST BOUGHT A LG .T.V FROM THEM GOT IT WITHIN 1 WEEK , WORKS GREAT
04-08-2014, 07:51 PM

Randy B...if it is a scam, you of course will be returning the TV's that you ordered ...you know, the ones that you received..?
Or is it fair that EMSale be liable for refund and you keep the tubes?
04-08-2014, 07:59 PM

i just ordered from this site also. i did get a comfrimation #. they let me create an account but the account shows that i didnt make any purchsses. this is my first ourchase from this site. its only been 2 days and i keep receiving the same email over and over again, so im trying to keep the faith. im gonna give u my email so we can keep in touch mccormickmjenn@yahoo.com
04-08-2014, 08:07 PM

I was able to register an account on the site and got an acknowledgment of the registration. I have not been getting any multiple emails of any kind. I am able to login to view the account without any problems. Not sure what is going on with your account. Try and re-register with another email account and inform the merchant that this new email account is tied to the first one that was used for the order (you can also provide the Paypal transaction tracking number of your payment as proof that you are the same customer). If you don't get a response, you still have the dispute option to pursue it with Paypal for non-receipt of your order within 45 days.
04-08-2014, 08:15 PM

I ordered a soundbar from electronicmegasale.com before Christmas. While I received purchase confirmation emails (about 20 duplicate emails, actually), I never received any shipping details. I've emailed them three times over the course of the last week to request status and shipping details. No response at all. I opened a dispute claim with PayPal this morning. Very fishy business for sure.
04-08-2014, 08:21 PM

I purchased several Sonos sound bars in December and they arrived. Now I see that the website has been down for several weeks. Might have been a scam but My orders went through just fine.