This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why am I so unmotivated and angry at work?
04-17-2014, 09:18 PM
Why am I so unmotivated and angry at work?
I have worked in the same job as a receptionist for almost three years and I HATE it! I hate my boss, hate my pay, hate my duties but for about two of those years it was tolerable. I knew I had to go to work to live. I am now at a stage where I cannot be bothered doing ANYTHING! Even if I have work to do I sit on the internet, I am bored sitting on the internet too as all i'm doing is entering competitions and on facebook. I'm smoking once every half hour because I am so bored! I know I have work to do but I just can't bring myself to do it. I just think why bother! Even walking to the printer takes an astronomical amount of effort. If someone asks me to do something, calls me or emails me I feel angry at them like the why should I do something for you!? feeling. I have been trying to look for another job but the competition is tough and each time I have a day off work to go to an interview my manager is a cow for a week. I am sick of hearing her vent, I hate the sound of everyones voice and I feel so lazy. Why do I feel this way? Is this just a normal hatred of my job or is it more?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2014, 09:34 PM

Sounds like you need another job

Ads

04-17-2014, 09:50 PM

it's normal to hate you job if its not stimulating. We were never meant to sit at desks and do menial things all day. Its a shame society developed that way though. Best thing to do is tough it while you look for a different job that excites you.

If you are a receptionist it won't look terrible on your resume to change jobs. You've been there 3 years and that's plenty. Most receptionists don't stay that long.