This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Being attractive sucks! How can I??
04-24-2014, 07:45 AM
Being attractive sucks! How can I??
Get guys to like me for my brain?

I am college educated, well spoken, have good morals, and am sincere/sweet. I am very fit, and love working out for my health. I don't post half naked selfies on my social media channels, and I don't dress like a slut.

Still, it seems like all guys seem to care about is how I look or my body. They will stare and make under the breath comments. I appreciate the compliment of getting noticed, but I've quit accepting dates, because it seems like all guys want me for is a trophy or a sexual fantasy. I'm not trying to sound vain in anyway. I'm not conceited, but it is what it is, and this is really making me feel lonely and discouraged. =/

Even yesterday when I was with my family at the court house, my dad introduced me to this attractive attorney he knows. He acted very nervous. I knew he was interested in me, but he had to get all weird about it. I didn't say anything, because I didn't think it was the time or place. Plus, what if he's married?

I also look about 10 years younger than I really am (i'm 32), so I tend to attract creepy pedophiles, or guys that are too young.

I would like to meet a sweet guy with similar goals. Even trying to date the less attractive guys backfired on me though, because they are worse then the meat-heads.

I'm afraid, that because of how I look, I will never be able to find a guy that's genuinely interested in me as a human being. Maybe I should just give up and stay single? I've been told that I have a naturally seductive look to me, but they don't seem to get that I'm not the type of girl that sleeps around.

And when I DO date a guy, he gets all paranoid about guys hitting on me, even though I don't talk to tons of guys.
Feeling kind of down.
?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2014, 07:51 AM

It is the problem of being good looking, you never really know if people like you or not or just interested in you.

You will never know if you say intelligent things or people just agree with you because you are good looking.

You will never know if you are funny or if people just laugh at your jokes because you are good looking.

Well usually you can work it out after a while.

The super model Claudia Schrieffer tells of being in a relationship with a guy who would tell her, "Don't talk, you will spoil it"

But part of the problem is you, the guys you are attracted to. You have to take some responsibility and find the guys that treat you nicely.

That is easy, watch how they treat other people (especially when they know you are not looking). If he opens the car door for you, does he also open doors for little old ladies...you get the idea.

Ads

04-24-2014, 08:00 AM

You are the first person to ever ask a question like this, at least that I am aware of. I do not know you, and we may never meet, in fact by all means I may even classify as "too young" (I am twenty) But words cannot explain how much I respect you for this one. It seems like everyone has become more cultured towards appearances, instead of who the person they are getting involved with really is. I myself see this everyday and it quite literally makes me sad. I would like to say as a friend, don't give up on men just yet. We cannot be the only ones out there that still believe in getting to know someone for they are. Don't lose sight of who you are or your strong sense of self respect, and one day someone will come along who deserves you. Someone who notices you before they notice your body.
Good luck Stacey. I hope you find the right guy soon.
04-24-2014, 08:11 AM

Oooh boy!! You just described my dating life perfectly.

I am older than you, (also look ten years younger than my age). I have always been very health conscious and fit, plus I have a beautiful face. Im also intelligent and care about things in the world, I have done lots of volunteer work and I am a generous person. I don't lie, cheat or steal. Like you, I'm not trying to sound conceited but it's a fact.

The thing I have come to learn about guys is they are simply TOO insecure to feel comfortable with a beautiful woman. They all say they want one or fantasize about a beautiful woman but deep down they do not feel adequate enough to keep one. It's unfair for women like us because we are automatically labeled as either high maintenance or so many guys will hit on us that we are likely to cheat. Neither of those things are true about me at all.

Ever notice how men who cheat, ALWAYS cheat on their wives with ugly women???? All of them. And men who hit on or oogle at hot women always choose to settle down with grenades. I always say: if you're short with a plain Jane face and a wide butt, you can get any guy you want, seriously. When you look around in public, you'll see hot guys with dumpy girls EVERYWHERE and you can bet the pretty ones who liked them were blown off by these guys.

I got to the point where now I just play around with boy toys and use them for sex. They want to have relationships with dumpy women they can go ahead, they're pathetic.
04-24-2014, 08:24 AM

You are 32. You say you look 10 years younger, i. e. 22. Pedophiles are attracted to prepubescent children. Where on Earth are 22 years old prepubescent?