This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Did you know Twitter is banned in Turkey?
04-28-2014, 11:44 PM
Did you know Twitter is banned in Turkey?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 11:57 PM

Yes, I have always known that.

Ads

04-29-2014, 12:05 AM

No I didn&#x27;t know, thanks for sharing! Can you tell me why?
04-29-2014, 12:11 AM

Lots of portions of the internet, are banned in countries so it's not surprising.
But no I did not know that, thank-you.
04-29-2014, 12:25 AM

No, I didn't. But I'm writing something on Turkey right now, so that's helpful!
04-29-2014, 12:41 AM

I did know, it was on the 6 o'clock news. But it's banned because the Prime Minister guy (don't know his name) reckons people are using it to accuse the government of being corrupt. But everyone knows that by banning it you're making people think you're hiding something! What a fool... he's got a great method here of communicating with the masses and he's blooming well banned it. The twit.
04-29-2014, 12:52 AM

Yes. I follow Richard Dawkins on Twitter and someone tweeted him that, mentioning it was the islamist government that did that - though it appears it's nothing do with islamism. Whatever their reason for it was, it's still wrong. And it won't stop a thing, if people get mad enough at the government, they will find a way how to get together.
04-29-2014, 12:58 AM

Yes, and it was just a matter of time before they blocked it. I am assuming the YouTube and Google are next to get blocked. It's so wrong taking away people's freedom of speech. If you do want to unblock Twitter while you are in Turkey I suggest using only a secure web based proxy, again, make sure it's secure. I use this one: https://www.proxy-center.com it is secure, they offer a free trial and a 30 day money back guarantee. Good luck...
04-29-2014, 01:11 AM

All social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook etc are to be tampered with in Turkey for the foreseeable future. Most expats and Turkish now switch a VPN on before surfing to stop the heavy censorship that goes on and off constantly. See http://www.netprivacy.me to install and browse uncensored in future.