This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When I'm on another browser, IE opens?! HELP!?
05-14-2014, 05:35 PM
When I'm on another browser, IE opens?! HELP!?
Okay, here's the deal.

Whenever I'm on Google Chrome or any other browser; like Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer brings up random pop-up ads and it's SO annoying!
I was never even on IE that time and it just pops up random windows.

I really hate it and wanna get rid of it but don't want to uninstall IE because my dad uses it for his emails and stuff.

So if there's something out there that can help me, PLEASE notify me!

Thanks!

--Easy 10 points(:

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2014, 05:43 PM

IE is identified as your default browser. You should go into Chrome and change this.

Open a new tab and enter chrome://settings in the address bar and press enter. You should see toward the bottom to set the browser as default.

On a more important note, if you're getting pop-ups, that means you have adware, spyware or malware installed. (Note: a lot of people lump those all into malware)

You need to have your computer cleaned and reviewed. You can also do this by going into your Control Panel and looking at the installed programs. I'm willing to wager that you have a lot of installed programs that shouldn't be there.

I'm a tech and I do this for my small business. If you need help, send me an email to help@myradicalsolutions.com

Good luck!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply