This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Father/Son Relationship Problems?
11-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Father/Son Relationship Problems?
'm 15 and I'm not really close to my dad, and for various reasons. One, he has a short temper, and is mad about something like every single day. He doesn''t even do anything, and has had a job for over a year, and just sits home all day. (Well, I have to give him credit for cooking and all that, so he does do something...) Also, he is always getting into my mom's business. He always thinks that she is cheating on someone, even though I know she is not, because she is not the kind of person to cheat on someone. Plus she has other things to do, like go to work, where everyone is lazy, and she is basically doing all the work for everyone. She does most of the chores at the house too, I help her a lot though.

He once put a voice recorder in her bag, and somehow "knew" that she's cheating on him. :/ He also checks her Facebook through my little sister like every other week, giving her no privacy whatsoever. Again, I know she's not cheating on him. I mean, all he has to do is say: "Facebook" and she lets him log in as her. He tried to manipulate my little sister, by saying that this guy said: "Hmmm, this guy's saying , 'I'm happy to be with you' how weird", when he really said, "Glad to see you happy", on one of my mom's pictures. He has been like this for like seven years... :/

Now, it's getting to the point to where I'm really getting pissed off. (Excuse my language there) Yesterday he started banging the dishes and pans while getting them out of the dishwasher. He was mad since my mom was going out, and she had to cancel the trip w/ my neighbors to go shopping; she also has to cancel next weeks trip. This is when I became really mad, and I don't do this too often, but I started yelling at him to quit what he is doing. He started yelling at me and called me a fag. I'm a very sensitive person, that's why I don't do this that much....
When we have family time, it doesn't feel right, and I feel very awkward when he tries to reach out to me. Don't get me wrong, its just the situation my family is in, is what it makes it awkward.

How can I deal with this? How can I cope, when something else, or something probably worse happens? What should I do? Sad

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:59 AM

No matter how bad things get in my life, I like to just take things one day at a time. You will always have some good and some bad days. You don't have the ability to change your dad. He needs counseling but you can only mention it to him. I always try to remember that some people out there have things a lot worse then me. It sounds like your dad is very insecure about himself. Just talk to him and tell him how you feel and do your best to have a good relationship with him. Then at least you will know that you tried.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply