This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is he doing this?!?!?!?
11-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Why is he doing this?!?!?!?
Okay this will be a long read so if you don't want to read the whole thing please don't answer my question.
Okay long story short: I have been friends with this guy since 1st grade (i'm in 10th now) and some how I have developed a crush on him this year. He is my best friend's ex (don't worry she is completely over him now and even wants me to be with him. Trust me I wouldn't keep liking him if it bothered her) and at a party 2 weeks ago we had so much fun together. We would play together in the pool and we shared a nice moment on the waterfall, just kind of catching up with each other. (We haven't really spoken in a while) The next day during marching band (he's a trumpet and I'm in color guard.) he completely ignored me. (let me tell you i had stayed up the whole night thinking about him) Later I found out from my bff that he liked another girl in MB, but she has a boyfriend now. Well at first we would have moment where we would just stare at each other but then my bff called him and told him that I liked him(i didn't know about this until after she did it.) and he said "Yeah that's been obvious since 1st grade." That made me so angry at him because I have not liked him since first grade I started liking him this year. Anyways after that he just completely ignored me. He wouldn't smile at me like he used to he would just avoid me. It kind of broke my heart because we are friends. I dress cute just for him hoping he will smile at me again. Anyways I messaged him on facebook telling him "That I knew my bff told him I had a crush on him and that just because his feelings didn't match up didn't mean we still can't be friends." He never replied. Then I invited him to come with me, my bff, and a group of friends to see a movie on sat but he never replied. Then today he went to my bff and told her he could probably go when I was the one who invited him. Today he was so cold towards me it really hurt my feelings. He is always staring at me when he doesn't think I'm looking and when he is near me he will turn his back on me. None of this happened until my bff told him I liked him and I messaged him on facebook. I want to know what this means. Why is he ignoring me? Does he like me back? Does he even want to be friends with me anymore? Should I just give up on him? I don't know what to do on saturday how should I act towards him? Please respond with serious answers and if you read this all thank you so much for caring. 10 points for the best answer.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:19 AM

Tough 2 say

Ads

You're in 10th grade and old enough not to get into a huff over some guy thinking you liked him since you were a small child!

It sounds like, after your talk when you caught up, he wasn't interested. He wasn't looking for a romantic relationship or a friendship from you.

You say you were friends since 1st grade, yet you also say you haven't talked in awhile. That isn't a friendship...you simply know him and are an on/off acquaintance. That's it.

Your "BFF" needs to mind her own business and not tell people that you like them, etc. That's very middle school. You're all older now and need to start acting like it.

Why would you dress a certain way just to get some guy to smile or look at you? Why go on facebook to send a message rather than talk to the guy in person? Then you invited him out with your friends...you still hadn't heard from him. You hang on his every stare and try to interpret it....but a stare or look is just that. Don't read into it. All this sounds desperate and clingy. It could also explain why he is well aware that you like him and he isn't interested. People don't like clingy individuals or those that try too hard.

If you were friends, you would be comfortable being yourself. You wouldn't have to act out and pretend to be something you're not in order to get attention.

If you want to be mature and figure out what's going on, talk to him in person. That's it. He is the only one who can answer your questions.

Or...you might want to let this one go and chalk it up to a lesson learned and that life is sucks sometimes.

I may be wrong but it may be possible that your friend told him more than she is teling you. Just because someone says it doesnt bother them or act on it doesnt mean there okay with it. Have you seen Mean Girls?

Or maybe he finds it awkward since he dated your bff. And doesnt want to be that guy who dates his ex's friends.

Or he just like this other girl better and only saw you as a friend but got scared away because of your crush on him.