This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I think I'm being a bad friend?
11-09-2012, 12:10 PM
I think I'm being a bad friend?
So I have a few friends that are starting to get attitudes and ignoring me a lot lately and just hate me. I think the reason is because of the following:

1.) I'm half white and half black so I sometimes "act like a white girl" and that could make me fake because i look like a black girl...but I can't help it--it's who I am? I think I annoy them though...

2.) I don't have as many classes with them so we've somewhat grown apart and get into different things at school and hang out with other people and changed a little. And we haven't hung out much or texted or messaged on Facebook even..

3.) (This part is actually my fault.)
I don't go outside much because I just don't like to...I have no idea I really don't. I'd go to the movies or parties or places etc with them. But on days I was willing to actually go outside(we live very close and ride the same buss and everything) and just hang out I was busy and I think they took it the wrong way after a while (I would too though), even though I didn't mean to push them off maliciously. Now they don't come by at all.

So now at school when we do talk it's just really awkward and the conversations aren't as long, or fun...also one of my friends hates me cause the guy she really likes, likes me-__-(I don't like him back in anyway shape or form and she knows that)!
Also I have the same lunch with them, and with a few and guy friends that they're close wit as well, but we don't sit at the same lunch table because I came into lunch late in the first day of school so they're table was already full so I sit with all these "preppy" "white girls" as they say. And I think that made them mad as well.

My question is, how can I rebuild our friendships --it's like a whole group of girls? They're all still friends and even got closer with my true best closest friend...I feel like everyone's ganging up and hating me.

Thankyou for reading all of that if you did sorry it's so long!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:18 PM

I would probably cancel out #1. They know you are half white and have already accepted you. I'm sure they are okay with white girls as well. If not, that's a whole other problem to deal with later.

People grow apart and that's just a part of life. You do need to do things with your friends to stay close with them. Start going out and doing some things so they know you still want to be with them. No one likes to feel rejected and that may be how they feel up until now. Its your job to change that. Also, let them know that you are upset that you can't sit with them at lunch.

Its always nice to have a well-rounded group of friends and it looks like you do. You are very fortunate.

Ads

11-09-2012, 12:18 PM

I have the same prob minus face book im on in the 6th grade but when we play cheer leading they cancel me out and call me fake to just tell them on the bus to stop ignoring u cuz u don't like it I haven't done this yet cuz I'm a wimp but u try it