This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's the best way to bid a spiritual farewell to people you've known for eight years?
03-24-2014, 04:27 PM
What's the best way to bid a spiritual farewell to people you've known for eight years?
I created my first account here on January 30, 2006, shrugging off suspensions, the loss of great users, and over-zealous reporters. But now that the new format is being forced on international users too, it's time for me to leave.

I've come to regard a lot of you as very real friends and you'll all be missed.

If you're on facebook, you can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/hisholiness.rev...ef=tn_tnmn

Thanks everyone for all the good times.

Meds/Chris
Thanks guys: I've tried the other boards and I'm getting purple in every English speaking country.
@ HC SVNT: Thanks. I wiped my cookies and that worked for five minutes, before they switched me back to purple. Better than nothing though Smile

(((Everyone))) Thanks for the kind words.
Thanks for all the suggestions, but in a few days nothing will work: http://yahooanswers.tumblr.com/post/7408...oes-global

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 04:30 PM

We've gotten the old format back in the US. Or at least I have.

Ads

03-24-2014, 04:34 PM

You know that there are still plenty of English speaking boards that haven't been corrupted yet, right Meds? I'm holding out until they've all switched over. You can still use Y!A India, Singapore, New Zealand, and Philippines in the green format. Y!A Canada is still green for me, and not all of the Y!A Australia users have been affected yet.

Well, if you really feel the need to beat a hasty exit before all hope is lost, then I wish you luck and it was nice knowing you. Your quirky sense of humor will be missed. However, I avoid Facebook like the plague, so I won't be visiting you over there, unfortunately.

<edit> Try completely clearing all your cookies off your computer. That might work. Also, they may have targeted your IP address to be the unlucky recipient of a forced purple format. Once I changed my IP, and I very briefly got the green format back on the Y!A US version. It's worth a shot.
03-24-2014, 04:44 PM

I still have the old format. I had the new one for a little while, but I'm good now.
03-24-2014, 04:49 PM

I will miss you, Off My Meds. I first started here in January 27, 2006. This is my third account. New Zealand still has the green, if you want to stay longer. And Phillipines.
03-24-2014, 04:57 PM

Sign on in Yahoo Canada I'm still green please don't become a victim of "the curse of the purple bell end".

You have been such a wonderful sport I love your sense of humour sweetheart everyone will miss you x

Try this link
http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/dir/index;_y...Qx.;_ylv=3
03-24-2014, 05:04 PM

That kinda reminds me of the dentist's suicide in the movie, MASH..But I have enjoyed many of your comments.
03-24-2014, 05:11 PM

Hmm... I'm still getting Canadian green. But I'm hearing that from other people too - the purple plague is going global.

The End Times are coming. (((everyone)))
03-24-2014, 05:15 PM

I always greet my friends with hugs (((Meds)))

BUT you can also do it the way Colonal Blake had with Margaret

;-)
03-24-2014, 05:24 PM

I'm resisting joining FB but I expect I will see you there one day.
All the best mate. I am slightly tearful now.

(I think it's down to what browser you use that determines whether you get green or purple. I am back in green in the UK now for some reason.)