This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the best way to advertise online (towards medical professionals) with a $100 per week budget?
04-06-2014, 01:29 PM
What is the best way to advertise online (towards medical professionals) with a $100 per week budget?
Hello All,

I just recently opened a business geared only towards medical professionals and I dont know a thing about marketing and advertising. What is the best way to market my company to medical professionals with a budget of only $100 per week. I have done the Pay Per Click search engine and that is drumming up some business but are there other ways? Also someone told me I needed to use the internet for "viral marketing purposes". What exactly does that entail? Thanks to all!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 01:36 PM

"viral marketing purposes" means that you get the customer to do the selling of you product, but it doesn't work for everyone/everything.

Can your product/service create a buzz that IF done properly, get everyone talking about it on Facebook or Twitter for example?

Note: Viral marketing = SPAM if not done properly, and will then fail.

Ads

04-06-2014, 01:38 PM

Viral marketing would be applied to some of the following processes:

1. Sending out a PDF file to a list of email subscribers that has links to your web site(s) in them and the content is so good and compelling, that those who receive them, instantly forward them to friends.

2. Videos: Creating and uploading videos regarding a particular product/services to sites like Youtube.com and Viddler.com is another way to 'spread the word' via those who watch it.

3. Creating a toolbar and then distributing that to users.The toolbar would then of course include links to your favorite website(s).

Basically, Viral promotions can take the form of video clips, interactive Flash games, advergames, ebooks, brandable software, images, or even text messages in order to spread information about a given product or service.

For instance, let's assume you've setup an account over on Twitter and have a few 'followers'. You could make a small announcement to your followers about a new product/service/website. Your followers like it so much, they do you a favor by doing 'word of mouth advertisign' for you...Ever see a commercial for Myspace? What about Facebook? I haven't! Yet, these are two of the largest 'social networks' on the internet. How did they get there? Viral Marketing!
04-06-2014, 01:47 PM

It will be difficult to find something that beats Google pay per click. However, that being said there are lots of things you can do with your campaign to make it more effective. Try testing different ad copy and incentives to get people to share info once they visit your site. For example, a free PDF download or a free trial (depending on what your company provides). You can also contact other companies that target the same audience (but not a competitive product obviously) and see if you can work out a partnership where you promote each others services on your website.