This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my little sister just broke up? am i nosy if i interfere in her life?
04-08-2014, 04:12 AM
my little sister just broke up? am i nosy if i interfere in her life?
She's 16 and I'm 2 years older.
I'm the only girl in this family other than her (and my mum but apparently, my mum is too busy to even care).Yesterday evening when she reached home, I could tell that she had been crying a lot. I went on her Twitter and saw her tweets and I could tell that a boy was the cause. I know that she had been seeing this boy from her school for the past months but I know too little about them.To be frank, I've never cried over a guy and so I have no idea how hurt she is right now and to make thing worse, she refuses to get out of her room.
Was it bad that i actually "stalked" her Twitter? Am i nosy if I ask her what's wrong because I really hate it when someone interferes in my love life.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:16 AM

No you are not nosy,you just care about her.Go in comfort her she needs someone to talk

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:18 AM

She has an older sibling, she should expect a little nosiness. And it's hardly stalking if you read something she posted on a public website for everyone to see.
04-08-2014, 04:27 AM

hey, . I think you should go talk to her. Maybe giving her some comfort words .i mean,shes your sister,so it doest hurt to advice her a bit. . Believe me,you will not be nosy.
04-08-2014, 04:30 AM

Well you said you've never actually been in love.? And I'm assuming you meant 12 and not 2 lol but the fact of the matter is you should give her space if she wants to talk to anyone she will probably go to mom. Unless she comes to you for advice I wouldn't medal let her be she has her whole life ahead of her she's only 16 and she has plenty of time for love trust me falling in love at a young age isn't the greatest thing in the world because as you become older and wiser you'll realize all of the choices you could have made and didn't. Hope this helped. Good luck.
04-08-2014, 04:33 AM

No. All you need to do is be a bit supportive and then try help her out. If she doesnt want that then don't worry about her. Listen to what she wants or how she feels.
04-08-2014, 04:42 AM

It is not bad that you looked through her Twitter. Asking her what's wrong would not make you nosy.
In fact, asking her about what happened would make you a caring and loving sister.

Your sister may not want to talk about it. She may not want anyone getting involved. She may act like she wants privacy and to be left alone. Yet what she really needs, is to know that someone loves her and cares for her. Even if she doesn't want to talk to you about it, she needs to know that you care and you are available if she ever wants to talk.

You don't want her, in the future, to look back on this breakup and to think that no one offered her a shoulder to cry on. You want her to remember that you offered to listen and to talk; a shoulder to cry on, and someone to give her a hug.

Ask how she is doing and see how much she'll open to you. Maybe a little - maybe a lot. But at the very least, she needs to know that you're available if she needs you.

So in short, no, you're not being nosy. You just care about your sis.
Good luck.