This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I make a facebook page based on my thoughts?
04-28-2014, 07:09 PM
Should I make a facebook page based on my thoughts?
I'm 16 and was thinking of making a psge expressing my thoughts and opinions in a mature way and taking sort of a philosopher's view on things. I do like philosophy so thats what it would be around I'd also like to be an actress so my thoughts on that would be posted. Sense I'm shy I though it could be a nice way to express my self.

what do you guys think?

also what should I name it, I will use my first name but I'd like to add something onto it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 07:19 PM

you should go for it if you want to.

Ads

04-28-2014, 07:28 PM

Why wasting time? Go out and visit a zoo...
04-28-2014, 07:34 PM

I don't know about the name, but you should totally do it. I would love to see the Facebook page, It's an awesome idea .
Good luck Big Grin

p.s. You could add a last name like... Artist or...Swan.. IDK, something fun and expressive
04-28-2014, 07:35 PM

Maybe just create your own blog. Instead of Facebook
04-28-2014, 07:44 PM

I think it's a great idea. I can't stand any more stupid teens posting about makeup and celebrities. Go for it!
04-28-2014, 07:50 PM

Not meaning to be funny, would it not depend on the content of your thoughts? If you are into S-M, for example, advertising it on facebook may lead to unexpected and unwanted results.
04-28-2014, 07:58 PM

What Katherine said. As a writer I have discovered that Facebook is just not the marketing milieu I was led to believe it was. It is a very limited audience and people on FB don't go searching for other's thoughts and opinions; they just post photos of their cats. You'll be better off with a blog.

That said, as an educator I think you need to ask yourself why you want to post your thoughts and opinions. Literature isn't about 'expressing yourself'; it's about saying something with a purpose. Funnily enough, your personal opinion isn't relevant to most people. Most people are too busy thinking about what THEY like, not what YOU like. As I have often said, 'Relevance is irrelevant.'

To build up a good readership, say something that other people will want to read. Avoid too many 'I'-statements. Comment on events of the day, books or films, teachers, laws, traffic, etc. If people find it interesting and amusing, they will continue to read and then follow you even when you go off on some self-centred tirade.

I have followed a yachtsman's blog with much interest till he started posting really acerbic things about the government, after which his blog got boring. It's not about sailing any more; and so I don't follow him. Don't make the same mistake.

Good luck.

04-28-2014, 08:06 PM

Putting your ideas on line open them to all kinds of ridicule, acting boosts confidence. However the blog idea should be encouraged as it seems like a common idea to use a blog as a way to progress, but it seems you should look at other people's efforts before starting your own.
04-28-2014, 08:08 PM

I have seen similar ideas on twitter. You can&#x27;t elaborate as much but I&#x27;m sure you will get a larger following.