This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the attraction to iPhones? Please?
06-20-2014, 12:44 PM
What is the attraction to iPhones? Please?
Firstly, let's get one thing straight. I'm not very fond of Apple. At all. Specifically the iPhone.
However, I am a reasonable person, so...
I have looked deeply into iPhones, and while I have never owned one, I have owned an iPod touch, and demo'ed an iPhone for hours on end, along with researching the hardware for weeks.
When the iPhone 4S came out, it was understandable for people to buy it, even go crazy for it.
It was (although I never quite fell for it it.) "The next big thing", an innovation and a huge step into tech.
Whatever they said.
Anyway, 8 months on, the day I receive my Samsung Galaxy SIII, I'm reading through some phone questions here.
I come across "What is the best phone out at the moment?". Which is a silly question, because I understand there is no "best" phone.
However, 8 of the 14 answers included iPhone 4 OR 4S in their answer.
I'm sorry?
57% of people who answered the question still think the iPhone 4S (and even the 4!) is still the best phone out?
I understand that it is the best IPHONE out, and they may be due a new release, but that does not change the fact people still voted for it.
Why...?
Is it because of the smaller screen?
The skimpy processor?
The jail-like operating system?
The obsolete camera? (No, iPhone users. Instagram is NOT just yours.)
The opportunity to use Bluetooth or NFC to transfer files? (Oh.. Wait.. No.)

Now, yes, I've had a little rage.
Because I really, really cannot see what makes people see this phone as the best.
Are they misinformed? Apple-Brainwashed?
Or (And god forbid) do they genuinely think that the iPhone 4S is still a contender?

Now, I'm hoping for some hardcore tech heads to reply back here, I'm even hoping for a little argument, but if there any any Apple "Fanboys" out there who are going to reply to tell me that 3.5"+ for a screen is too big (Maybe your hands are too small? It's not too big, you're just used to tiny screens), or Quad-core processors belong solely in spaceships, or that android is Open-source, therefore bad (What!?) please, save your time.
I'm looking for someone who is not sucked into to the Apple army, and can see both sides of the story reasonably, to explain to me the appeal..
It just seems obsolete.
I need someone who genuinely knows what their talking about.
Cardina, I think you've got it there really.
Just un-informed.. People who can't be bothered to look into anything else.
But my question is why? Why be happy with something that is just more money for less..?

And Who is Jack, you said "You do realise people choose to buy the iPhone and are not forced into it".
Yes, I do.
Why?
Why do they buy it if they're NOT forced into it!?
I'm not talking about which phone has more sales or whatever.
Why do people still consider the iPhone 4S to be the best phone?

It's funny how they're not answering this.
It's looking like a best answer for you Cardina.
Mis-informed people, with no rational explanation.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2014, 12:59 PM

Everything is attraction.

Ads

06-20-2014, 01:03 PM

They coined the term iSheep for a reason Smile. Ok, to be serious, I think there are four types of phone buyers. 1. Wealthy and uninformed who don't have the time to do research and will go with the low risk option; 2. Poor and uninformed iSheep; 3. Informed and open minded; 4. Informed fanboy.

Groups (1), (2) and (4) will buy the iPhone. That leaves group 3 who will buy Androids because they like features and not getting gouged for those features. Unfortunately for Android, Apple has the formula down: Make it pretty and market it well, and they will come in droves. Android is still a techhead's phone. It is undoubtedly superior but most people are not power users or want to do the research. And doing research on mobile phones is tough because there is so much deliberate obfuscation by the carriers and by Apple. My 2 cents.
06-20-2014, 01:17 PM

You can find many features for information of i Phones like Apple IPhone 4S 16GB White, Apple IPhone 4S 64GB White, Apple IPhone 4S 64GB Black and Apple IPhone 4S 16GB Black for more attraction from mobilemagnet.co.uk
06-20-2014, 01:30 PM

You do realise people choose to buy the iPhone and are not forced into it so "they" think the iPhone is best by just buying it.

Doesn't matter what fanboys say either way it is total sales and after market sales like the App Store that determine the amount of iPhones sold.
06-20-2014, 01:47 PM

No, people like the iPhone more because the iPhone 3G was the best smartphone ever made a couple of years ago and back then nothing compared to the iPhone, that's why people think iPhones the best phone out there now but Apple fans don't realise that now the i{hone 4 and 4s are out, there are better phones out in the market. The SIII is the best phone in the world. When the iPhone 4 came out the samsung galaxy s compared to it. but the iPhone was i little bit better. Then the samsung galaxy s2 came out and the iPhone 4 and the s2 didn't compare, that's how good the s2 was. iPhone brought out the 4s to compete with the s2 but the s2 was still the better phone. Theres no big difference between the iPhone 4 and the 4s apart from siri and a little bit faster processor and of cource the price lol. Then the samsung galaxy s3 comes out and not one phone in the world compares to it.
06-20-2014, 01:55 PM

They are popular, people like popular things. Most of the people I know that have an iPhone have never used an Android. People fear the unknown.
06-20-2014, 02:09 PM

everyone goes because of the like 'brand'
06-20-2014, 02:12 PM

I use the iphone 4s. i prefer it because i find it easier to use than android. Same for some people i know, they moved away from android due to ios being easier to use.

In the end, it does come down to personal preference. I brought the iphone because I liked it, so did my family. It does everything i want with ease.
06-20-2014, 02:23 PM

Everyone has one and to me its a little bit anoying in public how you are in a group lets say at a bar or restaurant or even a social gathering or gym and people are on them constantly likes its connected to thier brain.

Sarcasm of course.

Answers?
Internet. For example an actor constantly might be on them seeing postings.
Me personally I am old school. I dont like phones in the car being used while driving or talking because its rude and distracting.
I loved the days where you pull over and use a pay phone to make a phone call.

Either way there is no reason why you cannot wait to go home to use a home desk top.
Which I found makes me in the dinosaur days..

my cocern is breaking an iphone or dropping it.

I need a big screen and keyboard to type also.

Lastly when emailing people they give short messeges when a comp could allow more ellaborate comunication.

Now texting vs talking?

Ok you cant hear a person;s tone or voice. most people now prefer a messege than a phone call.

Either war its modern technology and people play games on iphones, go shopping ect.

I might have to get one just to get with the program.

I still dont use dvr I tape record using a vhs tape from the dish lol.

brands and companies??? well AT&T funds nuclear research and development.
which I am against.

apple makes wonderful editing software for film makers .

I had an IBM back in the late 80s early 90s growing up as a kid.

Also in los angeles "its the cool thing to have".
I have people tell me all the time. "get with the program man". lol

you need an iphone, head shots, a screen play.

I know I went off a bit here..

I'm going to say over rated are iphones.

Now they talk to you like on star trek and the computer. Germany has talking cars which is crazy too.

If I can talk to my fridge and microwave and they invent a replicator that would be something.

But imagine skynet and ternimator....machines become self aware!!!