This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I start to feel like I'm 'good enough'?
06-21-2014, 03:04 AM
How can I start to feel like I'm 'good enough'?
Always think about this as a teenager and wonder how I can start loving myself. I'm 15 and need some advice from anyone who's willing to share their experiences with self esteem and how they overcame feeling 'never good enough' so to speak. How can I be that happy content girl I used to be before wanting to be skinny perfect or just someone else other than myself.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2014, 03:16 AM

Nobody is good enough. Every teenagers has fazes about this. Love and appreciate who you are. Don't change because you think your "not good enough"! I'm sure people love you for being YOU(: if you don't have many friends just talk to more people whether its on Facebook/school/anywhere you see someone you know. Just always remember its a good thing to be your self(:

Ads

06-21-2014, 03:27 AM

It's better to be yourself than to desire to be someone else. I overcame this by realising my self worth and being with people who actually care about me, not fake people who'll live you the second you don't live up to their standards. Just find something good about yourself, if you can't do that, ask your closest friend why they're friends with you. Just remember that somewhere, there is someone wishing that they were you Wink
06-21-2014, 03:36 AM

Just be happy in the skin your in
06-21-2014, 03:46 AM

Hey Munashe...

Im 14 years old and have experienced what you are feeling but mine was part of depression I diagnosed my self (close friend and teacher agreed) .

Once I knew the reason, I knew it was just a state of mind (based on psychology) no matter what online said and tried to fight it by first forcing myself to eat (I lost my apetite).

After I regained my appetite I focused on my social relations and realised I was content with them. I was independant. More me, myself and I with people there for me but not total priorities at the time.

I like being independent. it is just a part of me now.

I'm sure you have amazing friends that care for you but put them on hold. Look in the mirror and point out the things you dont like about yourself or even think of things that really interest you (anything) and for me that was beauty (hair, nails and facial features). I thought of ways to improve my self in those areas. It was a really great motivator cause i'd notice these areas everyday which kept my mind off depression.

Next came the healthy fitness stuff (im still into it now). This is the perfect motivator for you! You say about skinny and someone else. Well you'd feel brand new if you stick to it (ive stopped a couple times)
Go to @BeFitMotivation on Twitter even if you dont have twitter. They really do help but keep in mind that:
•Thigh gaps are not a must and not attractive
•Dont try too much
•Do start little or how much you can handle
•and you dont rock hard abs or whatever, curves are sexy

If you do have twitter: @DeadFantasy2 dm me if you wanna talk cause this answer is epically long, sorry >.<
06-21-2014, 03:53 AM

right now, in your teenage years, you probably never will think you're "good enough". however, i can almost guarantee that other people think there is nothing wrong at all with you.

we are girls! our hair is never the way we want it, too straight, too curly, too frizzy, we are too fat, too skinny, our breasts are always too small, our clothes never look as good as the other girl's do, etc.

you see where i am going? stop putting yourself down.
06-21-2014, 03:59 AM

I was like you only I got AWFUL grades to the point where my teachers made it out that I didn't care at all about anything. this lead to being in the 'spechial' group full of kids who got bad grade, got in fights, and were anti social to the max. the look on those kids scared me,a few looked like future jail birds.. that was my motivation and now I'm feeling greeeeeaaaaaat!