This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is one way that you make online safety a daily habit?
02-20-2013, 08:33 PM
What is one way that you make online safety a daily habit?
On February 5, Yahoo! is supporting the tenth annual Safer Internet Day. Safer Internet Day is a global event sponsored by Insafe and co-founded by the European Union that promotes online safety across the public, private and non-profit sectors.

US: http://www.saferinternetday.org/web/usa/my-home
UK: http://www.saferinternet.org.uk/

Yahoo: http://safely.yahoo.com/

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2013, 08:41 PM

I wonder how often Yahoo accounts are hacked and/or used for nefarious purposes, it's hardly a safe website.

Suggestions:

1) Use sites that require legitimate details to set-up an account
2) Use sites that incorporate https
3) Use sites that have people monitoring input and have moderators rather than algorithms vetting content

Ads

1.) Really think about what you say. Many people feel more powerful online and tend to say things they don't really mean. If you stay yourself and be kind to others online, you lower your risk of being harassed or stalked. Not kidding.
2.) Don't put too many provocative photos of yourself online because many people will try to get more information on who you are.
3.) Don't save your passwords on your computer. When your Internet browser asks "Would you like to save this password?" say no because when people get access to your computer, all of your information and websites are subject to someone messing with them.
4.) Set any information you have (ex. Facebook) to private so that only people you know can see it.
5.) Always log out of websites when you are done.
6.) Use a password website, which will give you a very safe passwords or will check a password you already use to see if it is safe. This will maximize your security.

I don't share my personal information with anyone, not even my best friends.

i don't use the same passwords for every website that my email is connected too.
i don't visits garbage websites. if you know what i mean..
im cautious of what i download..
i don't use real information when signing up for websites .
i don't open up weird emails.
use antivirus/spyware software..
password for my wireless internet modem/network password (very big safety measure)
Good firewall...

stay off facebooK !

You shouldn't share personal information or pictures of yourself with anyone online.

I don't know.

1. stay away from cyberbullys. If you do get to one ignore them and leave.
2. if your in a chat room and someone is making you feel uncomfortable leave.
3. stay away from bad websites. They may give you viruses and hack your computer.
4. if someone is harassing you tell them to stop. If they don't stop you may have to take action and tell someone.
5. if some says "i'm gonna hurt you" or "i'm going to beat up your friend" you may have to take action and tell someone.
6. saying "I want to kill you and eat your guts and put your head on a stick and burn your body" is illegal. if someone says that to you take action and tell someone or the cyperpolice.

make sure that your browser settings are correct so you don't download random things. also never give away any personal information.