This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
does it matter i don't have a social life...?
11-09-2012, 12:38 PM

You aren't alone. But it sounds like you are lonely. You might be an introverted person, but you do sound like you want more. It's easy to say that you could stop feeling this way by feeling secure in yourself, but it is much harder to do. I think that you need to make more effort in becoming more social, and that if you do, you won't regret it. Being social is natural, and as humans, it is a need. Your family is a great place to start. It is great because you have security there. Your family will always be there, even if your attempts to do social things don't work out. So you can go out into the world, knowing that you always have something to go back to. I hope you find courage in that.

Because of the type if work I do, I am alone a lot, so I make sure I don't decline opportunities to be social, and take advantage of them when they arise, even if I don't feel like it because I know it is good for me. Also, I take the initiative sometimes too, once again, even if I don't feel like it.

And about texting and what not. It wasn't that long ago that some people didn't even have phones. Texting doesn't necessarily make a friendship, so don't think that you need to be in the action, so to speak, to have friends.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Lisa - 11-09-2012 12:38 PM
[] - M - 11-09-2012, 12:38 PM
[] - Jamie - 11-09-2012, 12:38 PM
[] - Adidasler - 11-09-2012, 12:38 PM