This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I think I like my best guy friend...but he has a girlfriend?
11-09-2012, 12:58 PM

Keep in mind that times change. Even if you did say yes in Grade 5, there is a chance he would stop talking to you completely. You did the right thing by saying "no." You saved the friendship. Girl number 2 may very well had been you, but he was interested in girl 1. He liked Girl 2, but he wanted the friendship more than a relationship that could potentially destroy everything between you both. He cares about you a lot, and he didn't go to the movie because he was afraid it would be the blossoming point of a relationship that could destroy everything. Don't be upset by this, friendship is a powerful thing. you hate his girlfriend because she has what you want. It's envy, and you envy her. You should ask yourself, does she make him happy? If she does you should let him be. Remember this, If you love something set it free, if it comes back to you it's yours, if it doesn't then it was never meant to be.
This is very true, and if I didn't live by this quote, I wouldn't be happily married for 3 years with two beautiful children. Patience is part of finding the right one. Friendship is not something worth giving up. Sometimes the ultimate sacrifice is letting something you want so badly go, just to savor something you don't want to end.
I wish you the best of luck in your journey!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Andrew - 11-09-2012 12:58 PM
[] - Sara - 11-09-2012, 12:58 PM
[] - Bree - 11-09-2012, 12:58 PM
[] - Stephanie - 11-09-2012, 12:58 PM
[] - Keosha - 11-09-2012, 12:58 PM