This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I did not mean to hurt my friend what do i do?
11-09-2012, 01:36 PM

Hello,

Recently, I got into a bad scrape with someone and, I'll admit for all of my "preaching" about how people have to try and communicate and forgive, I was going to hold a grudge and delete that person and on and on like that. But then, that person sent me a novel of an e-mail telling me just about everything that was on their mind, apologies and what they were thinking and what they've gone through that lead up to the confrontation we'd had, just everything. They titled the e-mail "Read all the way to the end and then wait 10 minutes to think." I didn't have to wait those ten minutes, it was more like 3, because then I realized where we went wrong. I knew then that it was my turn to write a novel and tell my side of things, dispel wrong notions, and forgive. It's fine now. I think it's your turn to write a novel, not just apologies and begging forgiveness if that's what you've been doing, but tell the story of your struggle and why things happened the way they did. It's not for pity or sympathy, it's for clarification and understanding. You've got to let your dear friend know that you never wanted things to turn out how they did, that you are sorry, and tell him what happened, not just that night but for the many nights before too. Let him know you don't want it to end, especially not like this. Then it's up to him to understand or not. I hope this helps and that he gives you a response. And good luck to you on the road to cleaning yourself up Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Frankie - 11-09-2012, 01:36 PM
[] - BOSS - 11-09-2012 01:36 PM