This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Being treated like CRAP by this girl? (Long Distance Relationship)?
10-02-2012, 06:43 AM

To start with, I shall call a spade a shovel and say that I am sorry but I do not think that she is treating you as you have so eloquently described the situation as it stands : but you, and ONLY YOU, are ALLOWING yourself to be treated as such.

As you have said, you two have never met (in person, that is) and your "relationship" thusfar has been only in the cyberspace. So, you do not really KNOW her (if at all) -- apart from what she has told you -- and viceversa. Please don't be offended by this, as it most certainly not meant as such, but this reminds me of a famous Peter Steiner cartoon called "On the internet nobody knows you are a dog". (you can Google this to see the cartoon). May be, you even know this cartoon. Behind it, there is a LOT of truth. It can happen to any one of us. And as good old Will Shakespeare said,
"Many a true word is spoken in jest."

Also, if things stay as they are at present, may be, you should ask yourself if this can go on, And long time implications and/or fallout from this "one-way traffic" -- you are exhausting all your emotions on her and the only thing you seem to get (from what you say), is lots of pain and hurt in return. Is this at all fair ? I personally do not think so. Look, I am NOT a psychologist or a professional counsellor but from my perspective, and from what you have said, I feel that you should do what they do in basketball : take time-out to rethink strategy. May be you should back-off for a while and see what happens. If she has any spark of feeling towards you, she will react. If not......
painful as it will be, you will, at least, know for sure. They do say, time heals. And believe me, it DOES !! I myself have been there -- more than once. May I also very hastily add here that during your "time-out" (that is, if you decide to do so) please DO resist all the temptations to contact her in any way. It will serve no purpose whatsoever, and you will be back to where you were -- or left off.

Having said this, do you have a family member or a friend you can trust implicitly, and talk to him/her about this ? Talking to someone you trust DOES help. If there is no such person in your life, then maybe you should seek professional help. It is not going to do you ANY good the way things are and the way you feel at present.

By the way, when you say "long distance" relationship, do you mean you two are in different towns/cities or countries.......?

I most sincerely wish you lots of happiness. And peace of mind.

Take care.

PS If there is anything else I can do, want to talk more, please do not hesitate to ask. We can always find a way to do so. Okay ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - want2know - 10-02-2012 06:43 AM