This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sudden unexplained unfriending on facebook?
11-09-2012, 01:46 PM

If I'm not mistaken the brain is actually wired to feel rejection as an almost physical pain. Don't quote me on that though I don't know where I got it from.

But yeah it's not odd to feel upset even though you weren't really friends with her or anything. It's a natural response to the situation. Just try to think about it logically. You know you weren't really friends with her. You know you didn't really talk or hang out or anything. And honestly even if it was something you did that offended her do you really care? Is it really worth losing sleep over that your personality upset someone you're not even close with? Some people's viewpoints and personalities don't mix and while you may not have done anything wrong she just might not have liked some of the opinions you expressed and that's okay.

I actually did this to a girl I went to school with. We never really talked or commented on each others status updates. She was a staunch conservative republican and while I don't care that she believes that way I also don't want to feel the itching need to get into a political war every time I look at my news feed. So I unfriended her. No bad to her we just didn't mesh in any way shape or form.

I've also done this to people who don't really talk to me, and post things that I find dull or irrelevant. I see no reason to be friends with them on a social networking site if we're barely going to talk or interest each other.

So yeah don't take it personally because it's probably not.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - ? - 11-09-2012, 01:46 PM
[] - Ring0Rosie - 11-09-2012, 01:46 PM
[] - EvilWoman0913 - 11-09-2012, 01:46 PM
[] - Noodles - 11-09-2012 01:46 PM
[] - AM7112009 - 11-09-2012, 01:46 PM
[] - steepman032 - 11-09-2012, 01:46 PM