This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I convince my mine to let me wear makeup?
10-02-2012, 12:20 PM

I'm going into 8th grade as well and I was allowed to wear mascara and pressed powder since the start of 7th grade. My mom never wears makeup so it was kind of hard to convince her, but one day I just sat down with her and explained that I wanted to look and feel a little more responsible. This summer my grandmom gave me bronzer to wear and sometimes I'll wear a tiny bit of eyeliner and my mom never says anything.

Just make sure that you tell them that you're not trying to look older or prettier, you just want to be a little more polished and neater.

Suggest that your mom and you look at makeup in the store together to see what she's okay and not okay with you wearing. Also suggest that your mom check your makeup in the morning before you go to school/out in public to make sure it's not sloppy or too much. (After a few days, she'll realize that you know how to apply makeup and stop checking.)

Hope I helped, and good luck.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Lily - 10-02-2012 12:20 PM
[] - Christine - 10-02-2012, 12:20 PM
[] - Sonja - 10-02-2012, 12:20 PM
[] - vanessa - 10-02-2012, 12:20 PM
[] - Ronda - 10-02-2012, 12:20 PM