This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
really needs all the help i can get with twitter(first to really help gets points)?
10-02-2012, 12:55 PM

Okay well it does take a bit of getting used to but it is really to use after a few days
To tag someone in a tweet you type the @ and then start typing the name and a little list comes up of all the people that begin with that letter, then you click the right one
You get an email when someone follows you
You have to beg and beg for famous people to follow you but theres this thing called follow friday where celebs will follow a certain number of people - usually 4 - so you have to beg for a #ff
you can tag subjects by using the # key so like if you put i love #food, then you can click on food and see who else hash tagged it aswell but people use it for like sayings like #itotallyhateitwhen with hash tags you cant use spaces
I've never dm before but you have to be following each other to dm someone so you can't follow someone famous unless they are following you
and yes if you tag someone and there not following you they can see it - i tweeted miley cyrus and she tweeted me back
to see if someone has mentioned you, you click the @mention tab next to where it says timeline at the top
and you can retweet people and they can retweet you so if you really like a status you can RT it
You can also favourite tweets and reply to other people's tweets which they can see.

And thats all i can think of for now, email me if you get stuck (:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - dannyboy2111 - 10-02-2012, 12:55 PM
[] - EMILYY. - 10-02-2012, 12:55 PM
[] - bravestew136 - 10-02-2012 12:55 PM
[] - Eloise O'neill - 10-02-2012, 12:55 PM