This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
should a custodial parent receive child support if they refuse visitation ?
11-09-2012, 06:00 PM

In my opinion, the court has no place in determining the future of most children of divorce. Parents should get over their hangups and work together to create a reasonable schedule to share time with the children. Time with each parent should be equal and no child support would be necessary because both would have to clothe, feed, shelter, and provide utilities for the child.

My husband was supposed to have his older kids 42% of the time and was still ordered to pay $600/month, but why? For the 8% of the time the court decided he didn't need to be with them? I can only imagine the cost of her getting full custody then. Absolutely disturbing. To make matters worse, he has been denied visitation and even phone calls for several years. The police won't do anything. Only the court will do something about it in that state, but the judge is prejudiced, and only the custodial parent can move the case so that won't happen--he's asked her several times. She has done everything to help him get screwed out of his kids but we had to fight to keep him out of jail last year. It doesn't even matter to them that he has another child who lives under his roof and needs him. She doesn't need money. She needs her daddy, and they threatened to take him away from her for the sake of a vile woman who never lets him see or talk to his kids and has finally succeeded in poisoning them against him. Now they want nothing to do with him, but they expect expensive gifts and other financial contributions still. How spoiled they are already. They'll grow up to be just like their mother. It's just so sad.

My mother got full custody of me and didn't ask for or expect a dime from my father because as far as she was concerned, the court decided that I was no longer his child. In a sense, that was true. If he was to have nothing to do with me, to have no part or say in raising me, why would he have to pay for it? She wanted full control and that's what she got. She accepted the full financial burden too. It only made sense.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - mredsgal - 11-09-2012, 06:00 PM
[] - Kourtney - 11-09-2012, 06:00 PM
[] - Lexie - 11-09-2012 06:00 PM
[] - opinionated - 11-09-2012, 06:00 PM
[] - Just Thinking - 11-09-2012, 06:00 PM
[] - bleuroze - 11-09-2012, 06:00 PM
[] - Evie Meier - 11-09-2012, 06:00 PM
[] - J.J - 11-09-2012, 06:00 PM
[] - lowbeam397 - 11-09-2012, 06:00 PM