This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What American problems would you have addressed before sending $100 million to Haiti?
11-09-2012, 06:12 PM

I view the situation in Haiti as a human crisis, not a political issue.
Big business, the food industry, and healthcare are three of the biggest issues we need to address. And most of that change needs to start with the American people, but there is a huge lack of awareness on these issues for a lot of people.

But while I am fully aware of the fact that America has huge issues that we need to address, how can anyone justify not helping out a country that just lost close to everything (which wasn't much to begin with). To me, it's like trying to justify caring for a patient with a broken leg before caring for the patient who just had a massive heart attack.

We are lucky enough to live in a really great country with hot water available at the turn of a faucet, electricity at the flip of a switch, public education for our children, government assistance programs, etc. but those luxuries are often abused as well. I've noticed so many times people putting convenience before even a thought of the impact their actions will have. Everyone is guilty of it from time to time but when it comes to the fact that a lot of people just don't care...that's a problem. That's our biggest problem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - libsticker - 11-09-2012, 06:12 PM
[] - Ballerina - 11-09-2012 06:12 PM
[] - whimsy - 11-09-2012, 06:12 PM