This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can anyone say treyvon martin was in the wrong for anything?
11-09-2012, 06:45 PM

Firstly, you are wrong. A police officer may use their weapon if their life or the life of another is in imminent danger. (A 6'5" 300 Lb male is going to litterally snap the neck of a 5 year old child for example) There is nothing that says the other person has to have a weapon.

Now I will not condone or defend what Zimmerman did. I wasn't there and neither were you. What bothers me about this whole shooting is the apparently shoddy police investigation. Even with the "stand your ground" law, at minimum, while ensuring Mr. Zimmerman recieved medical attention, a crime scene should have been set up, the weapon should have been vouchered pending investigation, and Mr. Zimmerman should have been detained for questioning and getting full accounts of all of the witnesses. If during the course of their investigation they did not immediately have enough info, (those 911 tapes would have taken a little time to get) they could have released him after finding out where he can be reached. Later on, if there is probable cause to arrest him, then issue a warrant to arrest him at a later date. It looks to me like they gave him the benefit of the doubt and let him go, with his gun. Castle doctrine or not, the police should have done a more thorough investigation. Because of this, I feel that Martin or Zimmerman will not recieve justice. The police are there to discover facts, not take a side. Then again, I too could be wrong about the police investigation because only one side of the story was given and maybe everything was done to find the truth.

Another thing too is that the parents and the media is trying the case in the court of public opinion. We are only getting Treyvons side, not Zimmermans. That is wrong. Regardless of anyone's thoughts on this case, everyone deserves their day in court, and Zimmerman, if he is in the wrong, deserves his.

Why is the media showing these pictures #1 and not #2? In the end, all I care about is the truth.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Dee - 11-09-2012, 06:45 PM
[] - AverageJoe - 11-09-2012, 06:45 PM
[] - OneDrop - 11-09-2012, 06:45 PM
[] - webferret74 - 11-09-2012, 06:45 PM
[] - mongojustapawn - 11-09-2012, 06:45 PM
[] - Kenneth C - 11-09-2012 06:45 PM